Regional Technical Committee
A light lunch will be available.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
||New Jersey Subcommittee on FY 2003 Corridor Selection
||Regional Transportation Committee Meeting Begins
||Working Lunch - Video - "Three E's to Highway Safety" - Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT)
||New Jersey Subcommittee meeting on Inventory of Needs
1. Report of April 9, 2002 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
During the course of the fiscal year, it becomes necessary for the State Department of Transportation's (DOT's) and/or transit operators to amend the TIP.
- TIP Action PA 01-67
52nd Street Corridor Alternative Analysis - Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA)
- TIP Action PA01-68
FY02 Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Section 5310 Grants - PennDOT
- TIP Action PA01-69a
Route 202, Section 711 - Bucks County
- TIP Action PA01-69b
Route 463, Horsham Rd.-Stump Rd. to General Hancock-Montgomery County
- TIP Action PA01-69c
I-95 Westmoreland to Levick - Philadelphia
- TIP Action PA01-69d
29th Street Bridge Over Amtrak/SEPTA Trenton and R8-Philadelphia
4. Highway Functional Classification Change - Philadelphia
The City of Philadelphia request a change in the function classification of Tomlinson Road in Northeast Philadelphia between Bustleton Avenue and Philmont Avenue. This proposed minor arterial is 1.3 miles in length and crosses the boundary between Philadelphia and Montgomery County.
5. Proposed FY 2003 New Jersey Corridor Selection
Every other year staff begins work on a new corridor planning process in New Jersey. This year a technical review process was conducted to select the corridor most in need of improvement. The New Jersey Subcommittee has deliberated on this subject and a recommendation will be made at the meeting.
6. 1960 - 2000 Travel Trends in the Philadelphia Central Business District (CBD)
Highway traffic and transit ridership information in the Philadelphia CBD has been collected every five years since 1960. With the assistance of the City, PennDOT, and the transit operators DVRPC has compiled a report on travel trends in this very important economic center in the region.
7. What If? Scenarios - Transportation Planning for the Futures
The DVRPC Board requested staff to study potential global, national and regional changes that should be considered in the development of the 2030 Transportation Regional Plan. Staff will present possible alternatives to be evaluated in detail and relationships to the long-range planning activities.
8. Shuttle Operations in Southeast Pennsylvania
Shuttle operations to move people between home, work, and transit facilities are funded by five separate sources of federal or state funds. Funding flows through SEPTA and/or the Transportation Management Association's (TMA's) who in turn hire operators to supply the vehicles and drivers. Staff has collected information on ridership regardless of funding source and will present findings.
- Report on the applications received for Transportation Community Development Initiative (TCDI) in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Airport Systems Planning Report
- Ozone Action Summer Kick-off
- Job Access Reverse Commute (JARC) Report on 2003 project priorities.
9. Old Business
10. New Business
1. Highlights of the April 9, 2002 RTC Meeting
2. TIP Actions May 2002
3. Proposed Addition to the Highway Functional Classification System - City of Philadelphia
4. 2002 Transportation and Community Development Initiatives for New Jersey and Pennsylvania
5. Regional Analysis of What-If Transportation Scenarios
6. Calendar of Events for May 2002