Regional Technical Committee Agenda
A light lunch will be available
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
||Regional Transportation Committee Meeting Begins
||Working Lunch - Working Lunch - Pennsylvania Rail Freight: the best track for our future. This educational and marketing tool highlights the positive transportation, economic development, and community impacts of the state's large rail freight industry.
||Immediately after lunch there will be a brief meeting of both the Pennsylvania and New Jersey Subcommittees on Supportive Regional Highway Planning and Transit Support Program. After this brief meeting the New Jersey Subcommittee will also discuss the status of Problem Identification and prioritization.
1. Report of March 12, 2001 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
During the course of the fiscal year, it becomes necessary for the State Department of Transportation's (DOT's) or transit operators to amend the TIP. The following are offered for RTC consideration in January:
- TIP Action NJ02-10
Delaware River Pedestrian/Bike (DB #551B) - Mercer County
4. 2003 Work Program Amendments
PennDOT annually assigns a portion of statewide PL funds to a competition of all MPOs for important planning projects. Two were selected in the DVRPC area:
- Project 3-47-150: Statewide GIS Technical Assistance-PennDOT, in the amount of $65,000, ($52,000 SPL and $13,000 SMLF), with a termination date of June 30, 2003.
- Project 3-53-150: Assessment of Land Use and Transportation Solutions for the Route 413/513 Corridor in Southeastern Bucks County, in the amount of $75,000, ($60,000 SPL and $15,000 SMLF), with a termination date of June 30, 2003.
5. Recommendation to Hold a Public Hearing on the Horizons, Year 2025 Plan Update
Based on 1) Year 2025 Plan public meetings held in the fall of 2001, 2) new Year 2025 population forecasts adopted by the DVRPC Board in February 2002, 3) the recently inaugurated Transportation and Community Development Initiative, 4) new national homeland security policies, 5) draft Year 2025 Plan implementation strategies, and 6) the addition of several proposed planning studies; an updated Horizons year 2025 Plan will be proposed for Board adoption in June 2002. Staff recommends that the RTC request the DVRPC Board to authorize a public hearing(s) and a 30 day comment period on the proposed update to the long-range plan coincident with the TIP public hearing process.
6. Authorization to Release Draft TIP for Public Commentr
The PA and NJ Subcommittees will soon complete their work on developing draft TIPs for FY 2003 (including the draft FY 2003 NJ Study and Development Program and a revised TIP MOU for PA). Staff requests Board authorization to release a combined DVRPC Draft FY 2003 TIP for Public Comment during a 30-Day period in May 2002.
7. Phoenixville Area Intermodal Transportation Study
For the past two years DVRPC staff has been engaged in a multi-municipal transportation planning study encompassing the Borough of Phoenixville, and Charlestown, East Pikeland, and Schuylkill townships in Chester County, and Upper Providence Township in Montgomery County.
The study is nearing completion and a draft mobility improvement plan has been developed. The plan includes staging and cost information for a multi-modal set of capital, service and operating improvements which will provide for area-wide travel to the Year 2025. Endorsement of the plan, by the involved member governments, is being sought so that it may serve as a unified and supported implementation plan for the sub-region.
8. Pennsylvania Turnpike Slip Ramp Status Report
For the past several years DVRPC staff has been working with the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission, Counties, and local municipalities on the development of E-Z Pass ramps at various locations along the Turnpike Mainline and Northeast extension. This presentation will provide general information about the slip ramps, traffic forecasts, and status of the various projects.
- PA Non-traditional Projects - Quarterly Status Report.
9. Old Business
10. New Business
1. Highlights of the March 12, 2002 RTC Meeting
2. TIP Action NJ02-10
3. 2003 Work Program Amendments
4. Draft TIP Memorandum of Understanding
5. FY 2003-2005 TIP Draft New Jersey Highway Program
6. FY 2003-2005 TIP Draft NJ Transit Program
7. FY 2003-2005 TIP Draft DRPA/PATCO Transit Program
8. FY 03-05 Study and Development Program
9. Building From Strength: Strategies for Older Suburbs and Boroughs