Regional Technical Committee
10:00 a.m. Regional Transportation Committee Meeting Begins
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Report of June 10, 2003 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Election of FY 2004 Officers
The Nominating Committee formed after the June meeting will present candidates for the offices of Chair and Vice Chair. After election, the new Chair will preside at the meeting.
4. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
During the course of the fiscal year, it becomes necessary for the State Departments of Transportation (DOT's) and/or transit operators to amend the TIP. Three amendments have been submitted for consideration.
- TIP Action PA03-30a: I-76 Westbound Noisewalls (MPMS #68064),
Requested by PENNDOT, New Proposed Project, Montgomery County.
- TIP Action PA03-30b: I-95 Pre-Cast Bridge Parapets (MPMS #67756), Requested by PENNDOT, New Proposed Project, Philadelphia.
- TIP Action PA03-30c: I-76 Pre-Cast Bridge Parapets (MPMS #67762),
Requested by PENNDOT, New Proposed Project, Philadelphia and Montgomery County.
5. FY 2004 Work Program Amendment - Burlington County Shuttle
The Cross County Transportation Management Association (CCTMA) has requested the Burlington County Shuttle (project 3.63.025), be carried over to FY 2004. This project is intended to promote the Burlington to Trenton rail line, which will not open until the fall. New Jersey DOT requested that the FY 2004 work program be amended to include the Burlington County Shuttle.
6. PennDOT Stone Arch Bridge Management Plan
In conjunction with FHWA, PENNDOT is developing a Stone Arch Bridge Management Plan for the longterm preservation of stone arch highway bridges in District 6-0. The goal of the Plan is to assess these particular bridges and make decisions about them as a whole rather than on an individual basis. Progress on plan development and recent public outreach efforts will be presented.
7. Multi-Municipal Coordination: White Horse Pike Economic Development and Land Use Assessment
DVRPC has been working with the White Horse Pike Redevelopment Coalition on a study of an 8.5 mile portion of the White Horse Pike in Camden County, New Jersey. Staff will present the issues and challenges along this corridor as well as the goals and objectives outlined in the study for the coalition to move forward in their revitalization efforts.
8. Preliminary Results of Member Survey
At the June Meeting, the RTC directed staff to poll the membership to determine
the future direction of the committee. Surveys were mailed to both voting and non-voting members in mid-June. A preliminary analysis and summary of the responses will be presented.
9. Media Releases on Car Ownership and Travel Time Trends
- Car ownership is the fastest growing regional indicator of congestion and physical form. Staff will present automobile ownership trends from 1970 to 2000 Census data and DVRPC's 2000 Household Travel Survey.
- Staff will present the commuter travel time from the year 2000 U.S. Census and the results of DVRPC 2000 Household Travel Survey and 1997 Field Travel Time Survey.
10. FY 2003 Shuttle Evaluation
Bus shuttle information has been updated reflecting length of service, fares and funding split. This is a revision of information presented at last months RTC meeting.
11. Summary of TransitChek Sales
An update on sales and participant demographics will be presented. A brief outline of FY04 plans will also be discussed.
12. Old Business
13. New Business
1. Highlights of the June 2003 RTC Meeting
2. TIP Actions, July 2003
3. Woodhaven Road Public Hearing Notice
4. Calendar of Events for June 2003