Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Highlights of the Meeting of April 10, 2012
4. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2011 TIP for PA and the FY2012 TIP for NJ.
- PA11-69: Exton Train Station Rehabilitation (MPMS# 93588), SEPTA – Proposed New Project
- PA11-70: Additional Design Start Funding Provided to the DVRPC Region, Various Counties
1. US 322 Final Design (MPMS# 14747), Delaware County
2. US 1 Expressway Reconstruction (MPMS# 93446), Bucks County
3. Adams Avenue Connector (MPMS# 17782), City of Philadelphia
- NJ12-18: Bridge Replacement, Future Projects (DB# 08381), Statewide – Project Deletion
- NJ12-19: Resurfacing, Federal (DB# 99327A), Various – Add Funding
- NJ12-20: Route 168, Newton Lake Dam (DB# 01323), Camden – Project Cost Increase
5. Approval of Two Congestion Management Process (CMP) Supplemental Commitment Tables
Two small SOV capacity-adding projects require RTC action to be included in the Draft PA 2013 TIP. The action is to approve the table of supplemental commitments for each project to meet CMP regulations. The projects are the Boot Road Extension and French Creek Parkway-Phase 1.
6. Appointment of Nominating Committee for Fiscal Year 2013 (FY13) DVRPC Planning Coordinating Committee/Regional Transportation Committee (PCC/RTC) Officers
A Nominating Committee will be selected to appoint candidates for Chairman and Vice Chairman for the PCC/RTC for FY13 (July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013). The Chairman for FY13 must be a voting member from Pennsylvania, and the Vice Chairman must be a voting member from New Jersey. The committee will report these candidates and elections will take place at the June 2012 PCC/RTC meeting.
7. Modeling Economic Impact of Transportation Investments and Improvements- Three Models
In FY10, DVRPC surveyed the field of economic impact modeling software to determine if there was appropriately priced software available “off the shelf.” This project developed as a result of that effort to take an in-depth look at two of the most promising software packages; plus a third low cost option.
8. Update on Hard Shoulder Running Workshop
On May 3, 2012 DVRPC will be hosting an FHWA workshop on hard shoulder running to acquaint the region’s planners and engineers on the concept. Staff will provide a brief summary of the workshop highlights.
9. Darby Borough Open House and Transportation Expo
The Delaware County Planning Department and DVRPC are organizing a community outreach event in conjunction with the Darby Borough Grade Crossing Study from 5:00-7:30PM on June 6, 2012. The event will feature exhibits and experts covering all aspects of transportation present in the community.
10. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
11. Old Business and New Business
12. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is June 12, 2012
- Highlights of the April 10, 2012 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions May 2012
- Supporting documentation for the approval of two CMP supplemental commitment