Regional Technical Committee
10:00 a.m. Regional Transportation Committee Meeting Begins
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Report of November 10, 2002 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
During the course of the fiscal year, it becomes necessary for the State Departments of Transportation (DOT's) and/or transit operators to amend the TIP. Several amendments have been submitted for consideration.
• TIP Action NJ03-01: 2003 Traffic Signal Improvements - Burlington County Proposed New Project
• TIP Action PA03-7: Bucks County Woodbourne/Oxford Valley Circulator - September MPMS #59298
• TIP Action PA03-08: Bucks County TMA Capital Improvement - SEPTA MPMS #67029
4. Draft DVRPC FY 2004 Planning Work Program
The Planning Work Program for FY 2004 which begins on July 1, 2003 was approved by the Board for distribution and review. This draft document was made available at the Board Retreat on December 4, 2002 and copies were mailed separately to RTC members in mid-December. The draft includes all of the work expected to be completed by DVRPC staff and also the Transportation Support Programs and the Supportive Highway Planning Programs in both States.
5. Transportation Equity Act (TEA-21) Reauthorization Proposal
The current federal authorization legislation for highway and transit projects will be completed at the close of this federal fiscal year on October 31, 2003. Replacement legislation is under development now with various proposals to congress from interest groups such as ASHTO, APTA and NARC for example. Staff has culled the most important of these proposals and request committee concurrence for recommendation to the Board Policy Committee.
6. I-296/I-76/Route 42 Interchange Reconstruction
DVRPC has long identified this interchange as a high priority regional need within our plan due to deficiencies in highway safety, geometry and operations. New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) will outline the EIS process that will identify alternatives to meet transportation goals and support efforts to maintain quality of life for local residents.
7. Reauthorization of the Federal Airport Improvement Program
The federal reauthorization legislation that supports airport improvements through the Aviation Trust Fund is scheduled to end on October 31, 2003. The Regional Aviation Committee has reviewed the current law (AIR-21) and has recommended several changes.
8. Old Business
9. New Business
1. Highlights of the November 2002 RTC Meeting
2. TIP Actions, January 2003
3. Calendar of Events for January 2003