Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Highlights of the Meeting of March 6, 2012
4. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2011 TIP for PA and the FY2010 TIP for NJ.
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2011 TIP for PA and the FY2012 TIP for NJ.
- PA11-67: Approval of Automated Red-Light Enforcement (ARLE) Round 2 Projects (Various MPMS#'s), Various Counties - Proposed New Projects
- NJ12-12: Route 206, North of Arreton Road to North of Brown Avenue, Pavement (DB # 11308), Mercer County - Project Deletion
- NJ12-13: Rail-Highway Grade Crossing Program, Federal (DB# X35A1), Statewide - Cost Increase
- NJ12-14: County Route 528 Roundabout (DB# TBD), Burlington County - Add Proposed New Project
- NJ12-15: Resurfacing and Striping of CR 610 Clayton-Williamstown Road (DB# TBD), Gloucester County - Add Proposed New Project
- NJ12-16: Resurfacing of CR 603 Center Street (DB# TBD), Gloucester County - Add Proposed New Project
- NJ12-17: Gloucester County Multi-Purpose Trail Extension (DB# TBD), Gloucester County - Add Proposed New Project
5. Authorization to Open 30-Day Public Comment Period for the Draft FY 2013 Pennsylvania Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), Connections Long-Range Plan Amendment, and Conformity Determination for FY 2012 New Jersey TIP, FY2013 Pennsylvania TIP and Connections Long-Range Plan
Federal law planning regulations require the development of a long-range transportation plan and a TIP in order for the metropolitan region to be eligible to receive federal transportation funds. The TIP must be drawn from a conforming long-range plan, requiring that a new conformity determination also be prepared. The Long-Range Plan is being amended to include the NJ 42/55/676 Bus Rapid Transit project. Staff will seek a recommendation to open a 30-day public comment period and release documents in May 2012, for the purpose of gathering public and agency comments on the Draft FY 2013 Pennsylvania TIP, Connections
Long-Range Plan Amendment, and Conformity Determination for FY 2012 New Jersey TIP, FY2013 Pennsylvania TIP and Connections Long-Range Plan.
6. Fiscal Year 2012 Planning Work Program Amendment
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the PCC/RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
- I-95 Interchange Enhancement Traffic Study, Phase III, Supplement 1
- US 202 Section 600 Traffic Forecast Updates
- Creating a Brand and Visual Identity for the Regional Trails Network - i.e., "The Circuit"
7. Approval of the Revised List of Recommended Projects and TIP Commitment for the Pennsylvania FY13 Job Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) Grant Program.
Staff will present the revised list of recommended projects for the Pennsylvania FY13 JARC program, and ask that the RTC recommend Board approval.
8. DVRPC Regional Trails Grant Program: Phase II Selected Projects
A list of 11 trail planning and feasibility studies were selected for funding from Phase II of the DVRPC Regional Trails Grant Program. Staff will present an overview of the projects, and will ask the PCC/RTC to recommend Board approval.
9. Adoption of DVRPC's Public Participation Plan
Each Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) is mandated through federal legislation to have a Public Participation Plan. DVRPC's Plan serves as our strategy for public involvement and has been updated regularly throughout the years with the last Plan adoption in 2008. The draft Plan that will be reviewed at the RTC meeting has some minor changes that were made as the result of suggestions received during a 45-day public comment period that extended from January 30 to March 14, 2012.
10. Regional Transit Planning Program: FY2012 Update and Call for FY2013 Projects
Staff will update the RTC on ongoing FY2012 transit projects, including progress on the Norristown Transportation Center Intermodal Study and Concept Plan. This program update, in lieu of an RTAC meeting, will include a call for project submissions to fill out the FY2013 program slate.
11. Overview of the DVRPC Report Ready to Roll?
Staff will provide a brief overview of Ready to Roll?, DVRPC's recent report on the challenges and opportunities for alternative fuel vehicles in the Delaware Valley.
12. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
13. Old Business and New Business
14. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is Tuesday, May 8, 2012.
- Highlights of the March 22, 2012 Board Meeting
- Highlights of the March 6, 2012 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions April 2012
- Work Program Amendment(s)