Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Highlights of the Meeting of February 7, 2012
4. Transportation Management Association Assistance Grant Program and Mobility Alternatives Program Grant Applications.
Each year the PennDOT invites the TMAs to apply for two grants: The TMA Assistance Grant and the Mobility Alternative Program. Draft work programs were submitted for RTC review at the February meeting and comments received have been incorporated by the TMAs. The RTC will be asked to approve the revised work programs and forward their recommendation for approval to the DVRPC Board.
5. City of Philadelphia's Corridor Signal Timing Program
In 2011, the City of Philadelphia advanced a corridor timing program on several key arterials. Steve Buckley, Director of Policy and Planning, City of Philadelphia, Office of Transportation and Utilities, will review some of the early findings on the effectiveness of the program.
6. Routes 55/42/676 Transit Alternatives Analysis
New Jersey Transit will present the findings of a study that examined several alternatives for providing improved transit service along this heavily-traveled corridor.
7. I-76 Schuylkill Expressway Operational Research Model
This project developed a traffic operations research model in VISSIM for the Schuylkill Expressway, from the toll plaza in King of Prussia to the Walt Whitman Bridge. This model simulates the travel of individual vehicles along the I-76 corridor during AM, PM, and a midday period, under both current (2010) and forecasted future year (2035) conditions. The goal of the project will be to evaluate the effectiveness of conceptual improvements strategies.
8. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
9. Old Business and New Business
10. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is Tuesday, April 10, 2012.
- Highlights of the February 7, 2012 RTC Meeting
- Administrative TIP Actions