Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Highlights of the Meeting of January 10, 2012
4. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The
following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2011 TIP for PA and the FY2012 TIP for NJ.
- PA11-59: Route 13/Bristol Pike, PA 413 to Levittown Parkway Restoration (MPMS# 47392), Bucks County - Cost Increase
- PA11-60: All-Weather Pavement Markings 2012 (MPMS# 94964), Various - Proposed New Project
- PA11-61: State of Good Repair (MPMS# 77180), SEPTA - Increase Scope
- PA11-62: System Improvements (MPMS# 60557), SEPTA - Increase Scope
- NJ12-09: Small Special Services Program (DB# T120), NJ TRANSIT - Increase Scope
5. 2012 New Jersey Transportation and Community Development Initiative (TCDI)
The FY 2012 TCDI funding round was kicked off in July 2011. After a call for projects and through review by committee, staff will present the New Jersey
recommended projects for FY 2012.
6. Approval of the List of Recommended Projects and TIP commitment for the Pennsylvania FY 13 Job Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) and FY13 and FY14 New Freedom (NF) Grant Programs.
Staff will present the recommended list of projects for the Pennsylvania FY13 JARC and FY13/FY14 New Freedom programs, and will ask the RTC to recommend Board
7. Recent Products from the DVRPC Safety Program
Improving transportation safety is important to DVRPC. As part of keeping the RTC engaged in safety efforts, staff will provide a very brief overview of ten recently
published or about-to-be published reports.
8. Applying DVRPC's Bluetooth Equipment for Travel Monitoring
DVRPC has recently acquired new traffic surveillance equipment that employs Bluetooth technology to provide accurate travel time and origin-destination data for
vehicle applications. Staff will discuss the technology behind this new equipment, how it is being deployed and recent applications to monitor traffic flows.
9. FY 2013 Transportation Management Association Assistance and Mobility Alternatives Program Grant Application Draft Work Programs
Each year the Transportation Management Associations submit grant applications to PennDOT for funding their general work programs. In addition TMAs,
SEPTA, and the Clean Air Council submit applications for funding for the Mobility Alternatives Program. Staff will introduce the work programs and open the Public
10. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
11. Old Business and New Business
12. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is Tuesday, March 6, 2012.
- Highlights of the January 10, 2012 RTC Meeting
- February TIP Amendments
- Work Program Amendment
- FY 2013/14 PA New Freedom and FY13 JARC Recommendations
- New Jersey Recommended TCDI Projects