Regional Technical Committee Agenda
10:00 a.m. Meeting
A light lunch will be available at 12:00 Noon. Watch Recording
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
10:00 a.m. Planning Coordinating Committee & Regional Transportation Committee Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
1:00 p.m. PA Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Subcommittee Meeting
1. Call to Order - Chairman's Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director's Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of November 13, 2007
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. As situations arise, the PCC/RTC is asked to consider changes.
a. PA07-71: PennDOT Year of Expenditure Adjustments for SAFETEA-LU Compliance
b. PA07-72a: PA 611, North Broad Street, Glenwood - Grange Street Corridor Improvements (MPMS #17652), Philadelphia - Add Back In
c. PA07-72b: PA 41, Gap Newport Road at Old Baltimore Pike Intersection Improvement Project (MPMS #14613), Chester County - Add a Phase
d. PA07-72c: Hares Hill Road over French Creek Bridge Rehabilitation Project (MPMS #13885), Chester County - Add a Phase
e. PA07-72d: Greenwood Avenue over SEPTA Mainline Commuter Rail Bridge Replacement Project (MPMS #16197), Montgomery County - Add a Phase
f. PA07-72e: Fretz Road over Skippack Creek Bridge Replacement Project (MPMS #16678), Montgomery County - Add Multiple Phases
g. PA07-73: Deferrals Resulting in Technical Deletions from the TIP (MPMS #'s 13360, 13337)
1) Bridgetown Hill Road over Pennsylvania Canal Bridge Replacement Project (MPMS #13360), Bucks County
2) PA 611, Easton Road over Gallows Road Bridge Replacement Project (2 Bridges) (MPMS # 13337), Bucks County
h. PA07-74a: Old Baltimore Pike Bicycle/Pedestrian Facility (MPMS #62297), Various Counties - Add a Phase
i. PA07-74b: MacDade Boulevard from Ashland Avenue to Cherry Street Signal Improvement Project (MPMS #64790), Delaware County - Add a Phase
j. PA07-74c: Susquehanna Road from Huntingdon Road to Tennis Avenue Bikeway Improvements (MPMS # 62300), Montgomery County - Add Back In
k. PA07-74d: Old Baltimore Pike Bicycle Facility (MPMS # 62299), Delaware County - Add Back In
l. PA07-75a: Food Distribution Center Cross-Dock Facility (MPMS #68068), Philadelphia - Proposed Project Deletion
m. PA07-75b: Packer Avenue Marine Terminal Gate Enhancement (MPMS #68070), Philadelphia - Proposed Project Deletion
6. DVRPC Fiscal Year (FY) 2009 Planning Work Program
The Draft Planning Work Program for FY 2009 was approved by the Board for distribution and review, with the public comment period closing on January 14, 2008. DVRPC staff are in the process of responding to comments that have been received and are working to resolve any open issues. After Board adoption, relevant revisions will continue to be incorporated into the Work Program and the Final document will be produced. The RTC is being asked to recommend that the Board adopt the Final FY 2009 Planning Work Program, pending the resolution of any outstanding comments and issues.
7. Approval of DVRPC Public Participation Plan: A Strategy for Citizen Involvement
As a means of documenting DVRPC's long history of proactive public involvement, the Board adopted a Public Participation Plan in 2001 and amended it in 2004. In order to meet SAFETEA-LU requirements, the Public Participation Plan has been revised and needs to be re-adopted. The draft plan underwent a 45-day public comment period that ended on January 2, 2008. Staff is prepared to ask for Board adoption in January 2008.
8. FY 2008/2009 Airport Capital Improvement Program (ACIP), Pennsylvania Side of Region
Each year in February, DVRPC provides to PENNDOT a priority listing of recommended airport capital expenditures in the region for the next grant year. This year's fiscally constrained ACIP to be presented was prepared by staff along with sponsor airports and has been reviewed by the Regional Aviation Committee (RAC).
9. PennVEST Application Review
DVRPC is reviewing two PennVEST applications (one in Delaware County and one in Chester County) to ensure that they are consistent with city, county, and regional land use plans. Staff will provide an overview of both applications, as well as staff recommendations.
10. PhillyCarShare Project Update
In 2006, DVRPC funded PhillyCarShare to expand its non-profit car-sharing service from 2,000 participants to 15,000 members in all five Pennsylvania counties by 2008. Clayton Lane will update DVRPC on the status of this project, presenting how dollars have been invested, markets currently served, and progress on environmental goals.
11. FY 2009 Pennsylvania Transportation Management Association (TMA) Assistance Grant and Mobility Alternative Program Work Programs
Each year in January, the Pennsylvania Transportation Management Associations submit new work programs for the following fiscal year for the PennDOT TMA Assistance Grant Program, and the Mobility Alternatives Program. Staff will distribute work programs and discuss highlights.
12. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
13. Old Business and New Business
14. Meeting Adjournment The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is February 5, 2008.
1. Highlights of the November 13, 2007 RTC Meeting
2. Highlights of Board and Executive Committee Meeting
3. Report on Citizens Committee Activity
4. TIP Actions, January 2008
5. FY 2009 TMA Assistance Grant Application Draft Scopes of Work
6. Attached Letter from Middletown Township, Delaware County