Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Highlights of the Meeting of November 15, 2012
4. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month
for the FY2011 TIP for PA and the FY2012 TIP for NJ.
- PA11-55: SEPTA Bus Purchase Program - 60' (MPMS# 90512), SEPTA - Add Additional Funds to the Region
- PA11-56: Energy Wayside Storage Project (MPMS# 94805), SEPTA - Proposed New Project
- NJ12-04: South Pemberton Road (DB # D9912), Burlington County - Breakout Projects and Add ROW Phase
- NJ12-05: Smithville Road Bridge over Rancocas Creek, CR 684 (DB #D9903), Burlington County - Add Final Design Phase
- NJ12-06: Cleveland Avenue, Reconstruction, ARRA (DB # FSD09521A), Camden City - Cost Increase
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE ALSO PENNDOT and NJDOT ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIONS INCLUDED FOR YOUR INFORMATION AT THE END OF THE PACKAGE IN THE "FISCAL CONSTRAINT CHARTS" SECTION
5. DVRPC Fiscal Year 2012 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the PCC/RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
- Schuylkill Expressway Operational Research Model – Continuation
- FTA Climate Change Adaptation Assessment Pilot Program
6. DVRPC Fiscal Year (FY) 2013 Planning Work Program
The Draft Planning Work Program for FY 2013 was approved by the Board for distribution and review, with the public comment period closing on January 13, 2012. DVRPC staff are in the process of responding to comments that have been received and are working to resolve any open issues. After Board adoption, relevant revisions will continue to be incorporated into the Work Program and the Final document will be produced. The RTC is being asked to recommend that the Board adopt the Final FY 2013 Planning Work Program, pending the resolution of
any outstanding comments and issues.
7. Updates to DVRPC Documents Related to Public Participation Activities
Because of Action taken by the Board in October 2011 to replace the Regional Citizens Committee with a Public Participation Task Force, DVRPC must update several documents to reflect this new direction in Public Participation.
- Approval to Release the Draft DVRPC Public Participation Plan: A Strategy for Citizen Involvement for Public Comment
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission and the New Jersey Department of Transportation and the New Jersey Transit Corporation and Memorandum of Understanding Concerning Special Procedures for Expediting TIP Amendments and Modifications for the Pennsylvania Portion of the DVRPC Region
8. 2040 Population Forecasts
As a critical component of DVRPC's long-range planning process, staff has worked with member county planning agencies to prepare county and municipal-level population forecasts in five-year increments through 2040, using 2010 Census data as the base. Staff is seeking approval of the 2040 population forecasts by the RTC before requesting adoption of these forecasts by the DVRPC Board at its January 2012 meeting.
9. RIMIS Deployment Update
DVRPC's Regional Integrated Multi-modal Information Sharing (RIMIS) system is proving to be a great tool for emergency responders and operating agencies in their battle against highway incidents and traffic congestion. Staff will provide an update on how this system is being used and which agencies are currently using it in their daily operations.
10. Recent Products from the DVRPC Safety & Security Program
Improving transportation safety is important to DVRPC. As part of keeping the RTC engaged in safety efforts, staff will provide a very brief overview of ten recently published or about-to-be published reports.
11. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
12. Old Business and New Business
13. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is February 7, 2012.
- Highlights of the November 15, 2011 RTC Meeting
- January TIP Amendments
- Adoption of DVRPC Fiscal Year 2013 Unified Planning Work Program Pink Sheet
- DVRPC Summary of 2040 Population Forecast Methodology
- DVRPC 2040 County and Municipal-Level Population Forecasts in Five-Year Increments - 12/27/11