Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Highlights of the Meeting of October 4, 2011
4. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2011 TIP for PA and the FY2010 TIP for NJ.
- PA11-48: I-95, PA Turnpike Interchange (TPK) (MPMS# 13347), Bucks County - Add ROW Phase
- PA11-49:Transit and Regional Rail Station Program (MPMS# 77183), SEPTA - Additional Funds to the Region
- PA11-50: SEPTA Bus Purchase Program - 60' (MPMS# 90512), SEPTA - Additional Funds to the Region
- NJ12-01: Route 77, Swedesboro-Hardingville Road, Intersection Improvements (CR 538) (DB# 97049), Gloucester County - Cost Increase & Shifting of CON Phase
- NJ12-02: Route 130, Crystal Lake Dam (DB#02309), Burlington County - Cost Increase
5. DVRPC Fiscal Year 2012 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the PCC/RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
- I-95/I-476 Interchange Improvement Feasibility Study Phase 2
6. 2012 Transportation and Community Development Initiative Program – Round 7/8
In July 2011, DVRPC staff solicited projects for the 2012 TCDI round. Up to $2.2 million dollars may be available. ($1.2 million in PA; $1 million in NJ). Staff will present the recommended projects for funding.
7. FY 13 Transit Support Program and Supportive Regional Highway Planning Program Special Studies
Candidate special studies were received from member governments and forwarded to the Pennsylvania and New Jersey Subcommittees for review and approval. Staff will present the final slate of proposed projects for full RTC approval.
8. PCC/RTC Meeting Dates for Calendar Year 2012
A set of proposed meeting dates for the PCC/RTC for calendar year 2012 will be submitted to the committee for its consideration.
9. Uptown Theater Renovation/Restoration Update
The Uptown Entertainment and Development Corporation (UEDC) is a Community Development Corporation that was incorporated as a nonprofit in 1995 and received its IRS 501(c)3 status in 2002. The mission of the UEDC is to stimulate the economy in blighted areas in Philadelphia by creating commercial enterprises, neighborhood revitalization and management of moderate and low income housing. Aissia Richardson, Vice President for Operations, UEDC, will present how the UEDC has identified the historic Uptown Theater as its first acquisition and revitalization project, and will describe the development plans for the 50,000 square foot theater, with a 2,100 seat auditorium located at 2240 N. Broad Street.
10. Public Participation Task Force
The DVRPC Board took action in October, 2011 to replace the Regional Citizens Committee with a Public Participation Task Force, which will be comprised of appointed members as well as citizens at large. This change will affect the Regional Transportation Committee and its composition as well. Staff will explain the impacts and the steps to be taken as we move forward to implement this change in our public participation strategy.
11. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
12. Old Business and New Business
13. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is Tuesday, January 10, 2012.
- Highlights of the October 4, 2011 RTC Meeting
- November TIP Amendment
- Work Program Amendments