Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of July 12, 2011
5. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2011 TIP for PA and the FY2010 TIP for NJ.
- PA11-40a: Parkesburg Train Station Rehabilitation (MPMS# TBD), Chester County - Proposed New Project
- PA11-40b: Downingtown Train Station Rehabilitation (MPMS# TBD), Chester County - Proposed New Project
- PA11-40c: Exton Train Station Rehabilitation (MPMS# TBD), Chester County - Proposed New Project
- PA11-41: Pottstown Bus Shelter Replacement and Upgrade (MPMS# 93576), Montgomery County - Proposed New Project
- PA11-42: Breakout from Statewide Line Item to Existing ITS Projects/I-476 & I-95 Improvements (MPMS# 80479 &84059), Delaware & Montgomery Counties
6. DVRPC Fiscal Year 2012 Planning Work Program Amendments
- I-95 Reconstruction Dynamic Traffic Assignment Model
- Regional Electric Transportation and Smart Grid Integration Study
7. Chester Riverfront and Community Rail Access Study
Staff will describe work examining alternatives connecting SEPTA’s Wilmington-Newark Regional Rail line with existing and planned development along the Chester City riverfront. Alternatives to retain, replace or relocate the Highland Avenue station were considered. Solutions were sought that balanced cost effectiveness with proximity and access to multiple attractions in Chester City.
8. Fiscal Year 2013 Work Program
Staff will present a schedule and information regarding plans for the development of the FY2013 Work Program. The RTC members will be asked to collectively develop a couple of region-level projects to be considered for the FY 2013 program.
9. TIP and Long-Range Plan Project Selection Criteria Update
This will be an overview of the proposed coordinated update of DVRPC's long range plan and TIP project selection criteria. Project selection criteria will be drawn from the growing list of available data sources. Staff proposes to utilize
PennDOT's Decision Lens software for analysis. Both the TIP and Long-Range Plan subcommittees will be asked to set up future meetings where project selection criteria can be identified and weighted in Decision Lens. This will assist in identifying candidate projects in future Plan and TIP project selection processes.
10. 2009 Annual Crash Data Bulletin for the Delaware Valley
The annual safety bulletin provides a snapshot of road safety trends in the DVRPC region comparing state, county and regional statistics, highlighting national trends, and featuring emphasis areas like aggressive driving and increasing seat belt use. This is the first of an annual series.
11. FHWA Real-Time System Management Information (Section 1201) Program
Section 1201 requires all states to monitor, in real-time, traffic and travel conditions of all major highways and to share the data with state and local governments and the traveling public. At a minimum, traffic and travel conditions are to be collected on all Interstate highways. In major metropolitan areas, it requires states to establish a real-time traffic and travel conditions program on metropolitan area Routes of Significance. That is non-Interstate expressways and arterials. There are factors to employ when identifying the Routes of Significance, as well as requirements to the type of data to be collected, and its accuracy and timeless. The objective of this presentation is to introduce Section 1201 requirements to the RTC.
12. Call for Special Studies Work Programs for Supportive Regional Highway Planning Program and Transit Support Program
Each year funds are set aside from the overall budgets of the Supportive Regional Highway Planning Program in New Jersey, and the Transit Support Program in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey for special planning studies that last one to two years. Member governments will be invited to submit candidate projects and the submission schedule will be announced.
13. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
14. Old Business and New Business
15. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is Tuesday, October 4, 2011.
- Highlights of the July 12, 2011 RTC Meeting
- September TIP Amendments
- Work Program Amendments
- 2009 Data Annual Crash Data Bulletin
- DVRPC 2013 Submission Schedule