Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of May 10, 2011
5. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2011 TIP for PA and the FY2010 TIP for NJ.
- PA11-29: Philadelphia Art Museum Improvements (MPMS# 89180), Philadelphia - Proposed New DEMO Project
- PA11-30: US 1 over PA 213, Maple Avenue Bridge Replacement (MPMS# 84086), Bucks County - Proposed New Project
- PA11-31: Walnut Lane Bridge over Wissahickon Bridge Restoration (MPMS# 92376), Philadelphia - Proposed New Project
- PA11-32: Approval of Automated Red-Light Enforcement (ARLE) Round 1 Projects (Various MPMS#s), Various Counties - Proposed New Projects
Bensalem Signal Improvements (MPMS# 92953) - $36,000
Bristol Sign Replacement (MPMS# 92954) - $21,000
Buckingham Signal Upgrade (MPMS# 92955) - $27,000
Chalfont Fire Station Warning (MPMS# 92956) - $70,000
New Britain Traffic Control (MPMS# 92957) - $35,000
Newtown Traffic Signals (MPMS# 92958) - $87,000
Nockamixon Traffic Signals (MPMS# 92959) - $10,000
Perkasie Route 563/Park Avenue Signals (MPMS# 92960) - $13,000
Chalestown Traffic Control (MPMS# 92961) - $9,000
East Brandywine Traffic Control (MPMS# 92962) - $30,000
East Whiteland Traffic Control (MPMS# 92963) - $183,000
Upper Uwchlan Signals (MPMS# 92964) - $615,000
West Fallowfield Traffic Signal (MPMS# 92965) - $41,000
Aston Traffic Signal (MPMS# 92966) - $34,000
Haverford Intersection Improvement (MPMS# 92967) - $54,000
Millbourne Pedestrian Safety Improvement (MPMS# 92968) - $108,000
Tinicum 291 & 420 Improvements (MPMS# 92969) - $224,000
Upper Chichester Signs (MPMS# 92970) - $19,000
Yeadon Sign Replacement (MPMS# 92971) - $50,000
Hatfield Township (MPMS# 92972) - $783,000
Norristown Traffic Control (MPMS# 92973) - $200,000
Plymouth Germantown Signals (MPMS# 92974) - $230,000
Upper Dublin Signal Improvements (MPMS# 92975) - $250,000
- NJ10-67a: Burlington County Emergency Vehicle Preemption, Phase 2 (DB# TBD), Burlington County - Proposed New Project
- NJ10-67b: CR 543/CR 656 Traffic Signal Upgrade and Safety Project (DB# TBD), Burlington County - Proposed New Project
- NJ10-67c: Burlington County Sign Inventory (DB# TBD), Burlington County - Proposed New Project
- NJ10-67d: Maple Shade Township Special Projects Road Program (DB# D0903), Burlington County - Add Back Into TIP
- NJ10-68a: Gloucester County Pedestrian Pushbutton Replacement (DB# TBD), Gloucester County - Proposed New Project
- NJ10-68b: CR 553, Buck Road Resurfacing and Safety Improvements (DB# TBD), Gloucester County - Proposed New Project
- NJ10-69: Mercer County Rumble Strips and School Zone Speed Control (DB# TBD), Mercer County - Proposed New Project
- NJ10-70: Paratransit Vehicles (Various DB#s), Various Counties - Cost Increase Camden County Bus Purchase (DB# D0601) Mercer County Bus Purchase (DB# D1011)
- PA11-33: PA 252 Underpass and US 30 Intersection (MPMS# 85062), Chester County - Add PE, FD, UTL, and CON Phases
6. Fiscal Year 2011 Planning Work Program Amendment
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the PCC/RTC to permit the timely undertakingof technical activity
- Norristown High Speed Line King of Prussia Extension Alternatives Analysis
7. Approval of 2011 Regional Congestion Management Process (CMP)
The CMP is a systematic approach to analyze and manage congestion in the region. It provides analysis, identifies congested corridors, and recommends strategies to help achieve Long-Range Plan goals, while helping to more strongly link the Plan and the TIP. DVRPC is required to maintain and adopt an updated and refined CMP. The latest CMP update has been prepared with the involvement of the CMP
Advisory Committee and is now proposed for Board adoption. A key aspect of the updated CMP is the use of archived operations data to analyze system reliability rather than the use of more indirect measures.
8. Annual Self-Certification of the Regional Transportation Planning Process
Federal regulations require that the Metropolitan Planning Organization self-certify that the Regional Transportation Planning Process is carried out in conformance with applicable federal regulations. Staff will present its recommendation for Board adoption.
9. Election of Fiscal Year 2012 Officers
The PCC/RTC nominating committee will present a slate of candidates for FY 2012.
10. Philadelphia's Comprehensive Plan Update
Philadelphia2035 is a blueprint for a 21st-century city. This is the first citywide comprehensive planning effort that Philadelphia has undertaken since 1960. The City Planning Commission has chosen a two-pronged approach: citywide, and Districts. Work on the citywide document has been underway over the past year and is currently wrapping up for an expected release in early June 2011. For the District
Planning efforts, the city has been defined in terms of 18 separate Districts. The timeline anticipates the release of 3 to 4 District Plans each year between now and 2016. Anthony Santaniello from the Philadelphia City Planning Commission will give a brief overview of the entire Philadelphia2035 process.
11. New TransitChek Stored Value Card (SVC)
The TransitChek program is introducing a stored value card to supplement or replace paper vouchers this summer. The cards will be available to TransitChek Select customers and will be able to be automatically reloaded each month. Cards, branded with the MasterCard logo and TransitChek name, are limited to transit fare sales locations and will make buying fare media for all transit systems more convenient.
12. Public Works Equipment Inventory
To assist the emergency management community to respond to a major emergency, DVRPC’s Office of Transportation Operations Management compiled a regional inventory of traffic control and public works equipment. Staff will present a recap this effort.
13. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
14. Old Business and New Business
15. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is Tuesday, June 7, 2011.
- Minutes of the May 17, 2011 RCC Meeting
- Highlights of the May 10, 2011 RTC Meeting
- Overview of the 2011 Congestion Management Process