Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of April 5, 2011
5. Authorization to Open a Public Comment Period for the Draft FY 2012-2015
New Jersey Transportation Improvement Program (TIP); and the Draft
Conformity Finding of the FY 2011 Pennsylvania TIP and FY 2012 New Jersey
6. FY12 Coordinated Human Services Transportation Plan (CHSTP) List of New
Jersey Project Applications Recommended for Approval
Staff will summarize DVRPC’s list of New Jersey Job Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) and New Freedom (NF) recommended projects for the next funding year. The list has been approved by the New Jersey CHSTP sub-committee of DVRPC. The recommended list consists of 4 JARC and 3 NF projects. This action includes modification of the TIP when funds are allocated by New Jersey Transit.
7. PA Functional Classification Change - French Creek Parkway
The Borough of Phoenixville, Chester County, has requested the addition of existing
sections of Main Street and Taylor Alley and a new roadway connection known as
the French Creek Parkway to the Federal Functional Classification System as Urban
8. Appointment of Nominating Committee for Fiscal Year 2012 (FY12) DVRPC
Planning Coordinating Committee/Regional Transportation Committee
A Nominating Committee will be selected to appoint candidates for Chairman and Vice Chairman for the PCC/RTC for FY12 (July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012). The Chairman for FY12 must be a voting member from New Jersey, and the Vice Chairman must be a voting member from Pennsylvania. The committee will report these candidates and elections will take place at the June 2011 PCC/RTC meeting.
9. Impact of Trucking on Pennsylvania's Economy
Jim Runk, President & CEO of the Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association (PMTA), will provide information about the PMTA and the importance and impact the industry has on the Commonwealth's and Delaware Valley area’s economy. Other issues to be covered include; fuel taxes, safety programs, highway funding possibilities and local economic and traffic congestion and mitigation coalitions.
10. Implementing Connections: The Benefits for Greater Philadelphia
This analysis illustrates and quantifies the benefits of implementing the
policies and goals defined in the Connections Plan. The report compares an
implemented Plan scenario with the continuation of a business-as-usual Trend
scenario and current (2010) conditions.
11. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of
12. Old Business and New Business
13. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is Tuesday, June 7, 2011.
- Minutes of the April 19, 2011 RCC Meeting
- Highlights of the April 5, 2011 RTC Meeting
- Memorandum Regarding FY 2012 Pennsylvania JARC Materials
- Letter from the Borough of Phoenixville