Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman's Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director's Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of March 8, 2011
5. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2011 TIP for PA and the FY2010 TIP for NJ.
- NJ10-61: Benigno Boulevard, I-295 to Route 168, Rehabilitation, Bellmawr (DB# TBD), Burlington County - Proposed New DEMO Project
- NJ10-62: Haddon Avenue Transportation Enhancement Project (DB# 07366), Burlington County - Add Back Into TIP
- NJ10-63a: Route 1 Business, Brunswick Circle to Texas Avenue (DB# 04316), Mercer County - Deferral of Construction
- NJ10-63b: Route 1, Southbound, Nassau Park Boulevard to I-95, Safety Improvements (DB# 01330A), Mercer County - Design and Right of Way Increase/Deferral of Construction
- NJ10-63c: Route 130, Crystal Lake Dam (DB# 02309), Burlington County - Add a Right of Way Phase/Deferral of Construction
- NJ10-63d: Route 31, Pennington Circle Safety Improvements (DB# 159A), Mercer County - Deferral of Right of Way Phase
- NJ10-64a: Route 33, Sidewalk Improvements, I-295 to George Dye Road (DB# 04302C1), Mercer County - Proposed Deletion from TIP
- NJ10-64b: Route 70, Kingston and Covered Bridge Roads, Intersection Improvements (DB# 252B3), Camden County - Proposed Deletion from TIP
6. Fiscal Year 2011 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the PCC/RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
- Profiles in Energy Efficiency for the Energy Works Program
- Norristown High Speed Line King of Prussia Extension Alternatives Analysis
- Pottstown Metropolitan Regional Planning Committee (PMRPC) Regional Market Assessment and Fiscal Impact Study
7. An Analysis of the Regional Mobility Alternatives Program (MAP)
The Mobility Alternatives Program (MAP) has relatively remained the same since the mid 80’s. Rob Henry, Executive Director, Greater Valley Forge TMA and Justin Schor, Regional Director, UrbanTrans, will present an analysis focusing on the program’s current status, as well as a review of similar programs’ accomplishments and how the success of those programs are being measured.
8. City of Philadelphia Traffic Operations Center
The City of Philadelphia is about to embark on the design and construction of a Traffic Operations Center to improve the management and operation of its arterial and collector roadway networks. Stephen Buckley, Director of Policy and Planning, Office of Transportation and Utilities, City of Philadelphia, will provide an overview of the benefits of a traffic operations center, and how the City is leveraging many existing investments to develop a TOC that will provide high benefits for a relatively low cost.
9. Community Health Data Base
DVRPC has recently decided to partner with the Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC) on their Community Health Data Base (CHDB). Staff from PHMC will give a brief overview of the CHDB, highlighting connections between planning, transportation, and public health.
10. Duration of Congestion on the Region's Freeways
Advances in technology have allowed DVRPC to analyze the duration of congestion on all the region’s freeways in 2009. DVRPC is in the forefront of using this new technology. Staff will briefly share the results.
11. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
12. Old Business and New Business
13. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is Tuesday, May 10, 2011.
- Minutes of the March 15, 2011 RCC Meeting
- Highlights of the March 8, 2011 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions April 2011
- Work Program Amendments
- SEPTA Notice of Public Hearing, FY 2012 Capital Budget