Regional Technical Committee
Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
10:00 a.m. Planning Coordinating Committee & Regional Transportation Committee Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
1. Call to Order - Chairman's Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director's Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of Meeting of November 9, 2010
5. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2011 TIP for PA and the FY2010 TIP for NJ.
- PA11-07: Dilworth Plaza Renovation and Concourse Improvements (MPMS# TBD), Philadelphia - Proposed New TIGER Project
- PA11-08: 30th Street Stop Signage Program (SEPTA/Amtrak) (MPMS# 92325), Philadelphia - Proposed New Project
- PA11-09: Memorial Park over Pennypack Circle (MPMS# 75765), Montgomery County - Proposed New Project
- PA11-10: I-76 Mudslide Study (MPMS# 87522), Montgomery County - Add Back In
- PA11-12: PA 309, Welsh Road to Highland Avenue (101) (MPMS# 16477), Montgomery County - Cost Increase
- PA11-13: Districtwide Structurally Deficient Bridges (MPMS# 88706), Philadelphia - Federalize
- NJ10-51: Restriping Program & Line Reflectivity Management System (DB# X03A), Various Counties - Removing from TIP; adding to Statewide Program
6. Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between DVRPC and the Pottstown Area Rapid Transit (PART)
Staff will present a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between DVRPC and the Pottstown Area Rapid Transit (PART) for recommendation for Board approval. This is a formalization of agency roles for planning between two regional agencies as required by Federal legislation. It does not address specific projects or impose a specific outcome from the planning process. DVRPC has similar MOUs with DRPA, NJTransit, and SEPTA.
7. Recommendation for Reaffirmation of Conformity Determination of the FY 2011- 2014 TIP for Pennsylvania and the Connections Long Range Plan
WILMAPCO is currently in the process of adopting their FY 2011-14 TIP and 2040 Regional Transportation Plan. Since New Castle County, Delaware is part of the Philadelphia-Wilmington PM 2.5 non-attainment area and neither DVRPC’s Pennsylvania Counties nor New Castle County, Delaware have SIP budgets for PM 2.5, DVRPC must reaffirm its conformity findings to support WILMAPCOs conformity findings for their new TIP and Plan. Public comments on the Conformity Reaffirmation will be accepted until January 16, 2011. No comments have been received to date. Staff will request that the RTC recommend Board adoption of the Conformity Reaffirmation.
8. DVRPC Fiscal Year (FY) 2012 Planning Work Program
The Draft Planning Work Program for FY 2012 was approved by the Board for distribution and review, with the public comment period closing on January 14, 2011. DVRPC staff are in the process of responding to comments that have been received and are working to resolve any open issues. After Board adoption, relevant revisions will continue to be incorporated into the Work Program and the Final document will be produced. The RTC is being asked to recommend that the Board adopt the Final FY 2012 Planning Work Program, pending the resolution of any outstanding comments and issues.
9. Impact of Dredging on Navigational Efficiency in the Delaware River Main Channel
Dr. Tayfur Altiok of Rutgers University will describe the results of the computer simulation model of the vessel traffic in the Delaware River that simulates all vessel classes, current vessel handling practices and performance metrics including vessel anchorage delays and port times. The Rutgers team finalized their analysis showing how dredging may affect navigational efficiency in the Channel over a planning horizon of 30 years. The model can be used as a decision-making tool to consider issues such as vessel traffic logistics, port expansion, safety and security analysis, and long term anchorage planning.
10. Regional Trails Network Re-Grant and Technical Assistance Program
Staff will provide details about this Work Program
11. 2011 Classic Towns Nominations
Staff will provide an update of the Classic Towns Program and communities being recommended for inclusion in FY 2011.
12. Old Business and New Business
13. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is Tuesday, February 8, 2011.
- Highlights of the Board and Executive Committee Meetings of December 2, 2010
- Minutes of the November 16, 2010 RCC Meeting
- Highlights of the November 9, 2010 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions January 2011
- DVRPC FY 2011 Planning Work Program Amendment
- Memo of Understanding