Regional Technical Committee
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
10:00 a.m. Planning Coordinating Committee & Regional Transportation Committee Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
1. Call to Order - Chairman's Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director's Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of June 8, 2010
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Action
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP.
a. PA09-108: Stone Arch Rehabilatation (Group F) (MPMS# 89018), Chester and Delaware Counties - Proposed New Project
b. PA09-109a: Lehigh Avenue East Signal Modernization Project (MPMS# 57893), Philadelphia - Add Final Design Phase
c. PA09-109b: Quakertown Joint Closed Loop Signal System Project (MPMS# 57635), Bucks County - Add Final Design Phase
d. NJ10-33: Laurel Springs Streetscape Improvement Project (DB# D0901), Camden County - Add Back In
e. NJ10-32: Bicycle Facilities and Street Lighting, Haddon Heights (DB# D0905), Camden County - Add FD Phase
6. Adoption of the DVRPC FY2011-2014 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for Pennsylvania
Federal law and planning regulations require the development of a Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) in order for the metropolitan region to be eligible to receive federal transportation funds. The creation of the TIP is to be done by the MPO in cooperation with the state and transit operators, and must provide opportunity for input and comment by the public. A 30-day comment period must be conducted prior to a formal action to adopt the TIP. For the DVRPC Draft FY2011 TIP for PA, staff will present an overview of the program, comments received during the public comment period, any recommended changes, and will ask the PCC/RTC to recommend the Board approve final adoption.
7. Adoption of Conformity Determination of the FY 2011 - 2014 TIP for Pennsylvania, FY 2010-2013 TIP for New Jersey and the Connections Long-Range Plan
DVRPC has demonstrated Transportation Conformity for the FY 2011 Pennsylvania TIP, FY 2010 New Jersey TIP and Connections Long-Range Plan. Staff will present the results of the Transportation Conformity Determination and request that the RTC recommend that the DVRPC Board adopt the findings at the July Board meeting.
8. An Overview of Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority's (SEPTA) American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) Projects
Jeffrey Knueppel, P.E., Assistant General Manager/Chief Engineer for SEPTA’s Engineering, Maintenance, & Construction Division, will present an overview of transit projects underway throughout the SEPTA region that are funded by ARRA.
9. Overview of Assistance to Local Governments for Energy Efficiency and Greenhouse Gas Reduction
Staff will provide a brief update on DVRPC's work to help municipalities make cost effective investments in energy-efficiency and greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction.
10. Improving Transportation Safety in the Delaware Valley
The efforts of DVRPC and its partners to improve transportation safety are drawing national attention. DVRPC staff will provide a brief tour so all RTC members know the resources available to them. It will highlight a new introductory publication, Using Crash Data to Improve Safety in the Delaware Valley.
11. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
12. Old Business and New Business
13. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is Tuesday, September 7, 2010.