Regional Technical Committee
10:00 a.m. Committee Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman''s Comments
2. Transportation Director''s Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of October 12, 2004
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. As situations arise, the PCC/RTC is asked to consider changes.
a. TIP Action PA05-05a: PA 309, ITS Integration (MPMS #69799 New Proposed Project), Montgomery County
b. TIP Action PA05-05b: PA 332 Jacksonville Rd. (MPMS #13578), Bucks County
c. TIP Action PA05-06a: Section 5311 Capital Assistance, Capital Trailways at Norristown Transportation Center (MPMS #48182), Montgomery County
6. Proposed PCC/RTC Meeting Dates for 2005
7. Year 2030 Municipal Employment Forecasts
In July, 2004, the DVRPC Board approved revised employment forecasts at the regional and county level to the Year 2030. Revised municipal employment forecasts to the Year 2030 are now presented for adoption.
8. Adoption of the 8-hour Transportation Conformity Finding on the DVRPC FY 2005 TIP and the Horizons 2025 Long Range Plan
In June 2004, the US EPA finalized ground-level ozone designations under the new 8-hour National Ambient Air Quality Standards. A 30-day public comment period for the new 8-hour transportation conformity finding on the DVRPC FY 2005 TIP and the Horizons 2025 Long Range Plan will close on December 3, 2004. The requested action is for PCC/RTC approval of the draft conformity document, contingent upon the final outcome of the public comment period, with Board adoption set for December 9, 2004.
9. FY 2006 Suportive Regional Highway Planning Program (SRHPP) and Transit Support Program (TSP)
Each year, the DVRPC Board approves work programs submitted under the SRHPP
and the TSP as part of the overall DVRPC Planning Work Program development process. The action requested is to recommend that the Board approve the SRHPP and TSP for FY 2006 that are to be developed by the PA and NJ subcommittees.
10. Congestion Corridor Improvement Program (CCIP)
PENNDOT''s CCIP Program is designed to identify and implement improvements in congested travel corridors. The Henry Avenue/Ridge Avenue corridor in Philadelphia and the Route 420 corridor in Delaware County were selected for the CCIP based on nominations by DVRPC. Stan Niemczak of Edwards and Kelcey will present a status report on CCIP initiatives in these corridors.
11. Aviation Security Assessment and Countermeasure Study
A Security Assessment and Countermeasure Study was recently completed for all non-commercial airports in the region. The consultant work was funded by the FAA and the states of New Jersey and Pennsylvania, and results will be integrated with the states and TSA security planning. Roger Moog will give a short description of the study process, findings and recommendations.
12. Update on the Regional Integrated Multi-modal Information Sharing (RIMIS) Project
In August, the RIMIS Systems Manager began technical work. Initial activities have focused on an outreach effort to identify information sharing needs of the region''s transportation operators and emergency responders.
13. 2002 Vehicle Miles of Travel in the Delaware Valley Region
DVRPC has a continuing project to monitor and estimate VMT in the Delaware Valley Region. Staff will present estimates of daily travel for 2002, based on traffic counts and DVRPC''s travel simulation models, and compare them with historical trends.
14. Job Access and Reverse Commute Program (JARC)
Staff will update the RTC on the FY 2005 Grant Funding Round and call for new projects. A solicitation for projects was announced in September and all applications are due on October 29, 2004.
15. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
16. Old Business and New Business
17. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is January 4, 2005.
1. Highlights of the October 12, 2004 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Citizens Committee Activity
3. TIP Actions, November 2004
4. Proposed PCC/RTC Meeting Dates for 2005
5. Adoption of the 8-hour Transportation Conformity Finding on the DVRPC FY 2005 TIP
6. November 2004 Calendar