Regional Technical Committee
10:00 a.m. Committee Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman''s Comments
2. Transportation Director''s Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of July 13, 2004
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. As situations arise, the PCC/RTC is asked to consider changes.
a. TIP Action PA03-62a: US 202, Johnson Highway to Swede Road (MPMS
#63486), Montgomery County
b. TIP Action PA03-62b: US 202, Swede Road to Morris Road (MPMS #63490), Montgomery County
c. TIP Action PA03-62c: Route 63 and Woodhaven Road Noisewalls (MPMS #17663), Philadelphia
6. Transportation and Community Development Initiative (TCDI) 2004 Project Selection
Project proposals have been submitted for the 2004 round of the TCDI program. A total of 44 projects requesting almost $2.7 million are competing for the available $1.5 million. Review committees for Pennsylvania and New Jersey have recommended priorities for selection. Recommended projects will be presented at the meeting.
7. DVRPC Work Program
During the course of the fiscal year, it is sometimes necessary for DVRPC to amend the Work Program. Six amendments have been submitted for consideration.
a. Cramer Hill/Pennsauken Waterfront Access
b. County Line Road Traffic Study
c. Transportation Needs Assessment and Financial Plan - PA
d. Transportation Safety Programs
e. Delaware Valley Freight Corridors Study
f. Delaware Valley Smart Growth Alliance Support
8. New Jersey Transit/DVRPC Memorandum of Understanding on Transportation Planning Procedures
DVRPC, in cooperation with the two other New Jersey Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs), is working with NJ Transit to establish an agreement on roles and responsibilities. A draft planning Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that addresses cooperative procedures for carrying out transportation planning and programming will be presented for consideration.
9. Congestion Management System (CMS) Update - Draft Memoranda
The CMS identifies congested corridors in the region and recommends strategies to enhance the mobility of people and goods. As part of coordination with the Long Range Plan, a joint policy technical memorandum has been prepared for the RTC to discuss and recommend to the Board for adoption. A CMS procedures memorandum will also be discussed.
10. Master Plan for the Philadelphia Naval Business Center
John Grady of PIDC will present the Master Plan showing office, business park, industrial, commercial, and residential re-uses for the 1,600 acre Philadelphia Naval Business Center site.
11. Job Access and Reverse Commute
Staff will provide an update on JARC route revisions and the upcoming 2004 call for projects.
12. DVRPC Annual Traffic Counting Meeting
The DVRPC Annual Traffic Counting Meeting was held August 18, 2004 at DVRPC. The meeting covered such topics as the status of counting programs at DVRPC, New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) and Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PENNDOT); Functional Classification Updates; Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) National Volume Trending methods; Traffic Data websites; and straightline diagrams.
13. FY 2004 Final Reports for Mobility Alternatives Program (MAP) and Transportation Management Association (TMA) Assistance Grant Program
Each quarter, the TMAs and other organizations which are part of the Mobility Alternatives Program are required to report performance based on a set of measures approved by the RTC. Staff will present the fourth quarter report for FY 2004, which includes information for the whole year, as well as summaries of work completed over the course of the year under the TMA Assistance Grants.
14. New Jersey Transportation Enhancements (TE) 2004 Round
NJDOT has awarded $3.425 million in highway TE funds to the DVRPC region. This includes five projects in Camden County, two projects in Gloucester County, and one project in Mercer County.
15. FY 2006 Work Program
Staff will discuss the development schedule and request for projects for the FY 2006 Work Program.
16. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
17. Old Business and New Business
18. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is October 12, 2004.
1. Highlights of the July 2004 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Board Meeting Activity
3. Fiscal Year 2006 Work Program Memorandum
4. Report on Citizens Committee Activity
5. Citizens Committee Draft FY 2006 Work Program Proposals
6. TIP Actions, September 2004
7. Transportation and Community Development Initiative (TCDI) 2004 Project Selection list
8. FY 2005 Planning Work Program Amendments
9. New Jersey Transit/DVRPC Memorandum of Understanding on Transportation Planning Procedures
10. Technical Memorandum - Long Range Plan and CMS Update - Clarification of Transportation Policies
11. Technical Memorandum - CMS Procedures
12. I-295/I-76/Route 42 Direct Connection
13. DVRPC Public Involvement/Environmental Justice Conference Information and Registration
14. September 2004 Calendar