Regional Technical Committee
10:00 a.m. Committee Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman''s Comments
2. Transportation Director''s Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of June 8, 2004
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. As situations arise, the PCC/RTC is asked to consider changes.
a. TIP Action PA03-58: FTA Section 5311 Program Capital Assistance - Capital Trailways Intercity Bus Terminal (MPMS #68546), Montgomery County
b. TIP Action PA03-59a: Route 29/Route 113, from Black Rock Rd. To Hopwood Rd (MPMS #71174), Montgomery County
c. TIP Action PA03-59b: I-76 Over Schuylkill River (MPMS #71709), Philadelphia
6. Year 2030 Regional and County Employment Forecasts
DVRPC has prepared revised year 2030 regional and county employment forecasts for use in the long range plan and area planning. These county level forecasts will be used to develop municipal level forecasts.
7. UPlan GIS Transportation/Land Use Model Presentation
Professor Robert A. Johnson of the University of California will present an overview of
Uplan, a next-generation GIS-based Transportation/Land Use Modeling Package that will be used in the preparation of DVRPC''s 2030 Transportation and Land Use Plan.
8. Integrating Freight into the Transportation Planning Process
With the volume of freight projected to double by the year 2020, goods movement is assuming greater importance in transportation planning. A major concern is how to integrate freight facilities and operations with community goals. Fawn Thompson of the Federal Highway Administration will give a broad overview of freight logistics, trends, and challenges.
9. Destination 2030 Long Range Plan Development
Staff will present an update on the progress of the regional long range transportation
and land use plan including visions and goals as well as the development of the transportation element.
10. Year 2025 Corridor Study - New Jersey
Staff will brief the committee on the selection of the NJ Route 33 corridor in Mercer County as the New Jersey Year 2025 planning corridor to be studied during FY 05.
11. Penn''s Landing Heliport Study
In June, the Regional Aviation Committee (RAC) endorsed the Federal Aviation Administration funding of an Environmental Assessment/Feasibility Study of impacts of expanding the Penn''s Landing Heliport serving Center City. The DVRPC Board, on June 24, 2004, also endorsed this study which will answer numerous environmental impact, noise, and operations related questions.
12. Job Access and Reverse Commute Program (JARC)
Staff will discuss the status of State Matching Funds and Public Hearings on Areawide JARC Plan Update.
13. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
14. Old Business and New Business
15. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is September 14, 2004.
1. Highlights of the June 2004 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Citizens Committee Activity
3. TIP Actions, July 2004
4. July, 2004 calendar