Regional Technical Committee
10:00 a.m. Committee Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman''s Comments
2. Transportation Director''s Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of May 11, 2004
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. As situations arise, the PCC/RTC is asked to consider changes.
a. TIP Action PA03-57: FTA Section 5310 Program, Various Counties in PA (MPMS #62150)
6. Election of FY 2005 Officers
The PCC/RTC nominating committee will present a slate of candidates for FY 2005 for committee action.
7. Annual Self-Certification of the Regional Transportation Planning Process
Federal regulations require that the Metropolitan Planning Organization self-certify that
the Regional Transportation Planning Process is carried out in conformance with applicable federal regulations. Staff will present its recommendation for Board adoption.
8. Adoption of the DVRPC FY 2005 TIP for New Jersey and Pennsylvania
Federal law requires the development of a Transportation Improvement Program for the
metropolitan region for projects to become eligible for federal transportation funds. The 30-day public comment period for the Draft DVRPC FY 2005 TIP for NJ and PA closes on June 3, 2004. Staff will present the public comments and agency responses along with any recommendations on changes to the draft for final Board adoption.
9. Adoption of Plan Amendments
Federal law requires the Metropolitan Planning Organization to provide the public with an opportunity to comment before it adopts any amendment to the long range transportation plan. DVRPC conducted a 30-day public comment period for four Plan amendments that ends on June 3, 2004. Staff will present the comments received and a recommendation for Board adoption.
10. Approval of Transportation Enhancements (TE) Projects for Inclusion in the DVRPC TIP for Pennsylvania
The PA TE Subcommittee recommends approval of an identified set of TE projects, and Board amendment of the current DVRPC FY 2003 TIP for Pennsylvania to include the PENNDOT approved Transportation Enhancement projects, the selected Transit Transportation Enhancement projects, and modify the funding for projects receiving Supplemental TE funding.
11. Region-wide Transportation GIS Project
William Stevens, GIS Manager at DVRPC, and David Johnson, Director, GIS/
Transportation at the Bucks County Planning Commission, will present an overview of the Region-wide Transportation GIS project. A brief history of the project, including recent accomplishments, will be presented along with future objectives. Bucks County staff will provide their perspective on the benefits achieved through participation in this project.
12. 2000 Data Bank for Transportation Planning
Matt Gates will present highlights of DVRPC''s socio-economic data for transportation planning. These data include population, households, auto ownership, employed persons (workers), and employment (jobs) at the county, municipal, and zonal levels.
13. UPlan GIS Transportation/Land Use Model Presentation and Training Sessions
A detailed presentation of UPlan is will be made at July 13, 2005 RTC meeting by Dr. Johnston of the University California, DVRPC''s consultant on UPlan. In addition, UPlan training sessions for interested planning and GIS professionals will be conducted by Dr. Johnston and his staff on July 14th and 15th.
14. Integrating Freight into the Planning Process
Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) staff will present an executive level overview on integrating freight into the planning process at the July 13 meeting of the PCC/RTC.
15. Transportation and Community Development Initiative (TCDI)
Staff will brief the committee about the 2004 TCDI funding round. $1.5 M is available to eligible municipalities. All applications are due by July 23.
16. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
16. Old Business and New Business
17. Meeting Adjournment
1. Highlights of the May 2004 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Citizens Committee Activity
3. TIP Actions, June 2004
4. Regional Recommendation for TE Funding
5. June, 2004 calendar