Regional Technical Committee
10:00 a.m. Committee Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman''s Comments
2. Transportation Director''s Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of March 9, 2004
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. As situations arise, the PCC/RTC is asked to consider changes.
Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PENNDOT) Requests:
a. TIP Action PA03-50a: Girard Point Bridge Over the Schuylkill River, Philadelphia (MPMS #17605)
b. TIP Action PA03-50b: Route 291 Governor Printz Boulevard, Delaware County
c. TIP Action PA03-50c: Candidate Bridge Scoping, Various Counties, New
Proposed Project (MPMS #70462)
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) Requests:
d. TIP Action PA03-51a: Market Street Elevated Reconstruction Program (MPMS
e. TIP Action PA03-51b: SMART Stations, New Proposed Project, SEPTA
Gloucester County Requests:
f. TIP Action NJ04-09: Guiderail Safety Project, New Proposed Project, Gloucester County
6. Endorsement of New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) Revised Functional Classification Maps
DVRPC has been working with NJDOT, in cooperation with our NJ counties, on revisions to the federal functional classification of roadways. Revised maps are now ready for a recommendation for Board approval.
7. Authorization to Conduct Public Comment Outreach on Draft FY2005 DVRPC TIP for Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and amendments to the DVRPC Year 2025 Land Use and Transportation Plan for the Delaware Valley
DVRPC will have a draft FY2005 DVRPC TIP ready for public comment by early May. In conjunction with the TIP update, it will be necessary to amend the 2025 Horizons long range plan for projects which would move from the "study" to "project" status in the plan. Staff seeks Board authorization to open a 30-day public comment period, to publish the draft documents (including those pertaining to conformity), to conduct public comment meetings, and to obtain comments from member agencies, interest groups, and the public on the following:
- Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for Pennsylvania FY2005-2008
- Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for New Jersey FY2005-2007
- Amendments to the DVRPC Year 2025 Land Use and Transportation Plan for the Delaware Valley for the following projects:
1) I-95 at Scudders Falls Bridge
2) US 422 from Route 202 to Limerick
3) PA Turnpike from West of Valley Forge to east of Exton
8. NJ Transportation Enhancements Program 2004
As part of the TE selection process for New Jersey, DVRPC will be represented on the NJDOT Advisory Committee. The Advisory Committee is charged with applying the selection criteria and preparing the recommended list of projects from the 43 applications submitted by DVRPC to NJDOT. The recommended list will be sent to the Commissioner of Transportation for approval. Staff seeks RTC approval of these projects before forwarding them to the Board on April 22nd, 2004 for approval. The Advisory Committee meeting at NJDOT to review applications is scheduled for April 27, 2004.
9. Pennsylvania Public Transit Association (PPTA) Funding Proposal
PPTA is proposing a dedicated funding program of $250M annually for transit service
stabilization and maintaining transit in a state of good repair. SEPTA is asking DVRPC to support the proposal.
10. DVRPC Congestion Management System (CMS) Methodology
An update of the 1997 CMS started in January and is expected to take
approximately a year and a half. The CMS provides information on transportation system performance and on a range of strategies for minimizing congestion and enhancing the mobility of people and goods. It coordinates with the update of the Long Range Plan and other planning efforts. A presentation of the CMS methodology will be made by Zoe Neaderland of the DVRPC Congestion Management Office.
11. Planning At The Edge: Highway Travel Analysis
Scott Brady and Tom Walker will present the process used to develop 2000
cordon highway traffic necessary for the travel simulation model. Included is automobile and truck traffic for all facility types traveling through the region or to destinations within the DVRPC counties. Traffic counts, travel survey data and the models used will also be discussed.
12. The River Line
Joe North, New Jersey Transit''s General Manager of Light Rail, will provide an overview of the recently opened River LINE. This 34 mile light rail line with 20 stations operates along the Delaware River between Camden and Trenton. The River LINE has the potential to enhance the region''s economic development and increase the personal mobility of residents throughout the 130 Corridor.
13. New Design of DVRPC Website
Joseph Fazekas, Webmaster of the DVRPC, will give a brief overview of DVRPC''s
new website design, which was launched on April 1st.
14. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
15. Old Business and New Business
16. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is May 11, 2004.
1. Highlights of the March 2004 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Citizens Committee Activity
4. TIP Actions, March 2004
5. XAmendments to the Horizons Year 2025 Land Use and Transportation Plan for the Delaware Valley
5. PPTA Funding Proposal and Draft Letter of Support
6. Draft CMS Methodology
7. Calendar of Events for April, 2004