Regional Technical Committee
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
10:00 a.m. Planning Coordinating Committee & Regional Transportation Committee Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
1. Call to Order - Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of April 6, 2009
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP.
a. PA09-99: Silo Hill Road over North Branch Neshaminy Creek Bridge Rehabilitation Project (MPMS# 85465), Bucks County - Proposed New Projectb. PA09-100: Chester Waterfront Rail Crossings (Various MPMS#s), Delaware County - Proposed New Discretionary Projects
1. Highland Avenue Grade Crossing (MPMS# TBD)c. PA09-101: Lehigh Avenue, Ridge Avenue to Broad Street, Signal Improvement Project (MPMS# 62717), Philadelphia - Add Final Design
2. Flower Street Grade Crossing (MPMS# TBD)
3. Norris Street (1) Grade Crossing (MPMS# TBD)
4. Norris Street (2) Grade Crossing (MPMS# TBD)
6. Fiscal Year 2010 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the PCC/RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
a. South Jersey Bus Rapid Transit Modeling Support
7. Appointment of Nominating Committee for Fiscal Year 2011 (FY11) DVRPC Planning Coordinating Committee/Regional Transportation Committee (PCC/RTC) Officers
A Nominating Committee will be selected to appoint candidates for Chairman and Vice Chairman for the PCC/RTC for FY11 (July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011). The Chairman for FY11 must be a voting member from Pennsylvania, and the Vice Chairman must be a voting member from New Jersey. The committee will report these candidates and elections will take place at the June 2010 PCC/RTC meeting.
8. Campus Circulation: A Study of Multi-Modal Access
The University’s 2006 Penn Connects campus development plan proposed a blueprint for managing Penn’s growth over the next 20 years. As a compliment to this planned physical expansion, the University commissioned a study, led by Orth-Rodgers and Associates, to identify a list of sustainable infrastructure and policy initiatives to improve multi-modal access and insure safe and efficient circulation throughout the campus. Anne Papageorge (Vice President, Facilities and Real Estate Services) and Mark Kocent (Principal Planner, Office of the University Architect) will present how this study analyzes the existing conditions and proposes short term and longer term transportation improvements.
9. TIGER Funded Bike and Pedestrian Trails in the DVRPC Region
The DVRPC region received $17.2 million from the federal Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) program that was a component of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. Monies will help fund the construction of ten different bicycle/pedestrian trail projects: 7 links along the Schuylkill River Trail (SRT) and East Coast Greenway (ECG) in Philadelphia, and 3 trail segments in the City of Camden near the Ben Franklin Bridge, Wiggins Park Promenade, and a connection to waterfront paths along the Cooper River. Stephen Buckley from the Philadelphia Office of Transportation and Utilities will present an overview of the projects selected for TIGER funding.
10. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
11. Old Business and New Business
12. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is Tuesday, June 8, 2010.