Regional Technical Committee
10:00 a.m. Committee Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman''s Comments
2. Transportation Director''s Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of February 8, 2005
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. As situations arise, the PCC/RTC is asked to consider changes.
a. TIP Action NJ05-11a: US 130 and Neck Road Intersection,(New Proposed Project), Burlington County
b. TIP Action NJ05- 11b: Egg Harbor Road CR 630, from Hurfville-Grenloch to Hurfville-Cross Keys, (New Proposed Project) Gloucester County
c. TIP Action PA05-15a: Market Street Bridge Pedestrian Enhancement (New Proposed Project) (MPMS #72793), Philadelphia
d. TIP Action PA05-15b: N. Delaware River East Coast Greenway (formerly Kensington and Tacony Trail), (MPMS #61712) Philadelphia
e. TIP Action PA05-16: South Street Bridge Detour, New Proposed Project, (MPMS #72847), Philadelphia
f. TIP Action PA05-17: Valley Green Road Bridge, New Proposed Project, MPMS#72355), Montgomery County g. TIP Action PA05-18a: Traffic Control Center and ITS Systems Maintenance, New Proposed Project, (MPMS#72837), Montgomery County
h. TIP Action PA05-18b: Merion Avenue Bridge (MPMS #16180), Montgomery County
i. TIP Action PA05-18c: Church Road Bridge over R5, (MPMS#16155), Montgomery County
j. TIP Action PA05-18d: PA 309 Cheltenham to Church, (MPMS#16479), Montgomery County
6. Approval to "Flex" Federal Highway Funds to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA)
Governor Ed Rendell has been developing a strategy to forestall SEPTA service reductions and fare increases. The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PENNDOT) has requested that DVRPC be prepared to act in the event that federal highway funds are needed to assist with the SEPTA financial crises.
7. FY 2006 Mobility Alternatives Program Work Programs
The Mobility Alternatives Program is a marketing program through which seven outreach contractors encourage commuters in the region to use travel options other than the single-occupant automobile. As part of this effort DVRPC staff provides marketing materials and general program oversight, as well as administering the Share-A-Ride rideshare matching program. PENNDOT has asked that the DVRPC review and approve the work programs.
8. Approval of Pennsylvania Home Town Streets/Safe Routes to School (HTS/SRS) Projects (2004-2005) for inclusion in the DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program
The Pennsylvania State Transportation Commission has reviewed the recommendations of the PA HTS/SRS subcommittee and made their project selections. The RTC is asked to recommend to the DVRPC Board approval of the projects selected by the STC. In addition, the RTC is requested to recommend modification of the TIP for Pennsylvania by adding the HTS/SRS projects at the appropriate time.
9. Destination 2030 Long Range Plan Transportation Projects
The PA and NJ RTC Subcommittees have worked with DVRPC staff to develop a fiscally-constrained set of transportation projects for the 2030 Long Range Plan. DVRPC is required to perform a conformity determination for the Long Range Plan based upon the fiscally-constrained project set. Staff is seeking a recommendation for Board approval for adopting the 2030 Long Range Plan fiscally-constrained project set.
10. Expansion of the RTC Membership to Include a Representative of the Delaware Valley''s Academic Community
A prior discussion with the RTC advanced a proposal to include a representative of the Delaware Valley''s extensive academic community as a formal, non-voting member of the RTC. Guidelines for the implementation of this proposal have been developed and will be presented to the RTC for its consideration.
11. Access Management Along Highways in Pennsylvania
PENNDOT has developed draft model access management ordinances to help local governments understand and ultimately implement access management strategies on both state and local highways. Kelly Sabo, DVRPC transportation planner, will provide an overview of the statewide project, DVRPC''s assistance in the work, and two impending municipal training sessions scheduled in the region in May.
12. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
13. Old Business and New Business
14. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is April 5, 2005.
1. Highlights of the February 8, 2005 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Citizens Committee Activity
3. TIP Actions, March 2005
4. Mobility Alternative Programs Draft FY 2006 Work Programs
5. Regional Selections by PENNDOT for HTS/SRS Funding (FY 2004/2005)
6. Proposal to Expand the DVRPC Regional Transportation Committee Membership
7. New Jersey Fiscally Constrained Long Range Plan Projects
8. Pennsylvania Fiscally Constrained Long Range Plan Projects
9. DVRPC Office Relocation Notice