Regional Technical Committee
9:30 a.m. PA Subcommittee Meeting on Transit Support Program
10:00 a.m.Committee Meeting
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman''s Comments
2. Transportation Director''s Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of November 9, 2004
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. As situations arise, the PCC/RTC is asked to consider changes.
a. TIP Action NJ05-02a: I-295 / Rt. 42 / I-76 Direct Connection (DB #355), Camden County
b. TIP Action NJ05-02b: Route 130, Kinkora Branch Bridges, Removal (DB #98346), Burlington County
c. TIP Action PA05-09: Lancaster Ave. (US Route 30) Closed Loop Traffic Control System (MPMS #14767), Delaware County
d. TIP Action PA05-10: Ben Franklin Bridge Philadelphia Operational Improvements (New Proposed Project)
6. $9.8 Million “Flex” of Federal Highway Funds to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) for Operating Budget Relief
SEPTA faces a $62 million deficit for FY 2005 and has proposed a series of drastic service reductions and fare increases to cover the deficit. On December 21, 2004 Governor Ed Rendell announced a stop-gap funding strategy to forestall these SEPTA service reductions using in part “flexed” highway funds. Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PENNDOT) has requested that DVRPC flex $9.8 million of federal highway funds to SEPTA from the FY 2005 TIP.
7. DVRPC Fiscal Year 2006 Planning Work Program
The Fiscal Year 2006 Planning Work Program (PWP) which begins on July 1, 2005 was approved by the Board for distribution and review. This document was mailed to PCC/RTC members in December. The PWP consists of DVRPC''s Regular Work Program, Supportive Regional Highway Planning Program (SRHPP), and Transit Support Program (TSP). DVRPC requests that the PCC/RTC recommend that the DVRPC Board adopt the Fiscal Year 2006 Planning Work Program.
8. DVRPC''s SFY 2005/FFY 2006 Aviation Capital Improvement Program (ACIP)
This year''s PA region specific ACIP results from ongoing DVRPC discussions with the Pennsylvania Bureau of Aviation (BOA) and the input of airport sponsors via 12 year plan documents. The Regional ACIP is a primary input to BOA staff in their project selection process for the region. The PCC/RTC will be asked to recommend that the DVRPC Board approve the ACIP SFY 2005/FFY 2006 Regional Airport Capital Improvement projects ranking.
9. Adoption of Destination 2030: A Vision For the Future
This report addresses eight critical issue areas that will impact the future development and form of the region. The report identifies a vision statement and goals for each issue area. The PCC/RTC is asked to recommend that the DVRPC Board endorse the report as the basis for the goals and policies for the 2030 Long Range Plan now under development.
10. Transit Revitalization Investment District Act (Act 238 of 2004)
Richard Bickel, DVRPC staff, will brief the RTC on the Transit Revitalization Investment District Act (Act 238 of 2004). It is intended to promote transit-oriented development (TOD) throughout Pennsylvania, including planning and implementation activities, value capture for new real estate development by transit agencies, and additional public involvement.
11. 2006 Pennsylvania Transit Support Program Special Studies (TSP)
Staff will report on the final approved slate of special studies projects.
12. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
13. Old Business and New Business
14. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is February 8, 2005.
1. Highlights of the November 9, 2004 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Citizens Committee Activity
3. TIP Actions, January 2005
4. Destination 2030: A Vision for the Future
5. Draft DVRPC Airport Capital Improvement Program - Memo and Project Ranking
6. Coscia Memorandum on SEPTA
7. PENNDOT December 21, 2004 letter requesting SEPTA “flex” funds.
8. FY 2006 TSP Special Studies
9. PCC/RTC Meeting Dates for 2005
10. TCDI Program Evaluation
11. JARC Grant Program Summary