Regional Technical Committee Agenda
Phone number: 1-346-248-7799 Meeting ID: 936 3812 3963 Passcode: 441861575
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the May 10, 2022 RTC Meeting
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY 2022 TIP for NJ.
- NJ22-046: Washington Turnpike, Bridge over West Branch of Wading River (DB #15324), Burlington County ─ Add DES, Delay CON, & Change CON Fund Source
- NJ22-047: Trenton Amtrak Bridges (DB #99362), City of Trenton ─ Add Project Back into the TIP
- NJ22-048: Route 73, Granite Avenue to Route 41 (DB #18383), Burlington County ─ Study & Development Graduate/Add New Project to TIP
- NJ22-049: Route 206, Bridge over Springers Brook (DB #16335), Burlington County ─ Study & Development Graduate/Add New Project to TIP
- NJ22-050: CR 545 (Farnsworth Avenue), Bridge over Robbinsville Secondary Branch (Conrail) (DB #17411), Burlington County ─ Study & Development Graduate/Add New Project to TIP
- NJ22-051: Route 64, Bridge over Amtrak (DB #15317), Mercer County ─ Study & Development Graduate/Add New Project to TIP
- PA21-91: PA 309, Sellersville Bypass, Resurfacing (PM1) (MPMS #86923), Bucks County ─ CON Increase
- PA21-92: MLK Drive over Schuylkill River (Bridge) (MPMS # 108129), City of Philadelphia ─ CON Increase, Advance CON, & Change CON Fund Source
6. FY23 UPWP Amendment: FTA Transit-Oriented Development Grant - Norristown High Speed Line – King of Prussia Extension Value Capture/Multimodal Accessibility Study
This study is being funded by a grant through the Federal Transit Administration’s Pilot Program for Transit Oriented Development. SEPTA is the direct recipient of the funding for the project and will oversee the work of a consultant. DVRPC is not conducting this work, and the funding is not passing- through DVRPC. Amending the DVRPC UPWP to include the project is a requirement of the FTA grant program.
7. FY 2023 TCDI Grant Program
DVRPC solicited applications for the FY 2023 TCDI grant program from February 1 - April 27, 2022. Staff will present the application review process and the projects recommended for funding.
8. Annual Self Certification of Regional Transportation Planning Process
Federal regulations require that Metropolitan Planning Organizations self- certify that the Regional Transportation Planning Process is carried out in conformance with applicable federal regulations. Staff will request an RTC recommendation for Board approval.
9. Election of Fiscal Year 2023 Regional Technical Committee Officers
The RTC nominating committee will present a slate of candidates for FY 2023.
10. Update to the DVRPC 2015 Land Use File
Since 1990, the DVRPC Land Use file has been updated every five years. With the 2020 update delayed due to the pandemic, this will be a discussion of plans to restart the collection of this valuable data layer.
AccessScore is a web map that assesses the infrastructure and demographic characteristics around transit stations that relate to how supportive of bicycling and walking the area is and how much bicycle and pedestrian activity could be occurring there. The analysis includes Regional Rail, light rail, trolley, and subway stations throughout the Philadelphia region with service provided by SEPTA, NJ TRANSIT, and PATCO. This presentation will provide an overview of the web map's functionality and demonstrate how it can be used to help identify and prioritize improvements that can strengthen pedestrian, cycling, and transit connectivity.
12. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
13. Old Business and New Business
14. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is Tuesday, July 12, 2022.