Regional Technical Committee
Phone number: 1-346-248-7799 Meeting ID: 989 76771568 Password: 441861575
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the March 9, 2021 RTC Meeting
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY 2020 TIP for NJ.
- NJ20-067: Route 76/676 Bridges and Pavement (DB #11326), Camden County – Remove Project from the TIP
- NJ20-068: Rt. 76, Bridge over Klemm Avenue, Conrail and South Branch of Newton Creek, Contract 1 (DB #11326D), Route 76, Nicholson Road, Advanced Utility Relocation, Contract 2 (DB #11326B), Route 76/676 Bridges and Pavement, Contract 3 (DB #11326C), Camden County – Add New Breakout Projects to TIP
- NJ20-072: Preventive Maintenance-Bus (DB #T135), NJ TRANSIT – Cost Decrease
- NJ20-073: NEC Improvements (DB #T44), NJ TRANSIT – Cost Increase
- NJ20-074: Rail Rolling Stock Procurement (DB #T112), NJ TRANSIT –Cost Increase
6. Federal Functional Classification Change, Chester County
Gay Street between Matlack Street and North New Street in West Chester Borough is currently part of the federal aid system, and is classified as an Urban Principal Arterial. The Borough has requested the removal of this stretch of Gay Street from the federal aid system, and reclassifying it as a Local Road.
7. Travel Options Program (TOP) Selections
DVRPC’s new Travel Options Program (TOP) is looking to fund innovative TDM projects to provide better access to more travel options across the region. Applicants went through a two-stage application process and a selection committee made up of representatives of partner agencies from throughout the region rated, scored and selected the finalists. DVRPC staff will present the projects that were recommended for funding by this committee, and request action for the RTC to recommend board approval of the TOP project slate for FY2021 and FY 2022 projects.
8. Project Selections for the New Jersey Transportation Alternatives Set Aside Program (TASA).
The NJ TASA subcommittee used the agreed upon selection criteria to guide the selection process for the applications. The committee reviewed 28 TASA applications. The selected projects total approximately $1.96 M in available TASA funds. We are seeking a recommendation to add these projects to the FY 2020 New Jersey TIP.
9. Approval of Phase 8 Regional Trails Program Grant Awards
DVRPC staff will present 14 multi-use trail projects recommended for funding by the Regional Trails Program Phase 8 selection committee. Funds will come from Round 3 of the Regional Trails Program, capitalized by the William Penn Foundation.
10. PA TMA FY22 Work Programs
Staff will present the budgets for the TMA Assistance and Mobility Alternatives Program (MAP) FY22 Work Programs for targeted TDM work in southeastern Pennsylvania. A brief update on the TMA Competitive Grant and Assisting Commuters After COVID work will be included.
11. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
12. Old Business and New Business
13. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is Tuesday, May 11, 2021.