Regional Technical Committee
10:00 a.m. Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman''s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director''s Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of October 10, 2006
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. As situations arise, the PCC/RTC is asked to consider changes.
a. TIP Action NJ07-02: Motor Vehicle Crash Records Processing (New Jersey Statewide Line Item, DB #X233)
6. Fiscal Year 2007 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the PCC/RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
a. US 1 Widening and Reconstruction Traffic Study
b. Transit Support Program (New Jersey)
7. FY08 Supportive Regional Highway Planning Program and Transit Support Program Special Studies
DVRPC has received candidate work programs for special studies in FY 2008. At this time, both programs are undersubscribed. Staff will suggest various other work programs and the PA and NJ subcommittees will meet to make final selections. The Committee will be asked to endorse the findings of the subcommittee..
8. FY 2006 (TCDI) Program
Staff will present proposed changes to FY 2006 TCDI program. The next round of grants is proposed to begin in January 2007.
9. Adoption of Conformity Determination of the DVRPC FY 2007 TIP and the Destination 2030 Long Range Plan
The public comment period for the draft conformity finding will end on November 30, 2006. Staff will present their recommended changes, pending the comment period outcome, for Board adoption.
10. PCC/RTC Meeting Dates for 2007
A set of proposed meeting dates for the PCC/RTC for calendar year 2007 will be submitted to the committee for its consideration.
11. US 322 Land Use and Transportation Corridor Study
DVRPC is currently working with New Jersey Department of Transportation and Gloucester County on a 11-mile segment of US 322. The focus of this study is to assess land use and access management strategies and to evaluate the area''s growth potential based on current zoning and proposed development scenarios. Staff will present the findings to date, as well as the next steps of the study.
12. Improved Rail Access to Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
Some travelers have raised issues pertaining to the transferability between SEPTA''s R1 (Airport) Regional Rail line and other transit modes. Staff will discuss how more frequent and more efficient transit access to PHL could improve airport operations and result in a more pleasant ride for air travelers.
13. Overview of "Should to Shall" PennDOT Strike-Off Letter
This PennDOT policy change, referred to as "Should to Shall," requires highway project managers and design engineers to use PennDOT''s bicycle/pedestrian checklists on every job. Slated to take effect on January 1, 2007, the open period for comments ends November 15, 2006.
14. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
15. Old Business and New Business
16. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is January 9, 2007.
1. Highlights of the October 10, 2006 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Citizens Committee Activity
3. TIP Actions, November 2006
4. Pennsylvania Transportation Funding and Reform Commission