Regional Technical Committee
10:00 a.m. Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman''s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director''s Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of May 9, 2006
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. As situations arise, the PCC/RTC is asked to consider changes.
a. TIP Action PA05-75: Harrisburg/ SEPTA R5 Paoli Rail Line Improvements (MPMS #59917), Various Counties
b. TIP Action PA05-76: Quakertown/Stony Creek Rail Restoration Study (Proposed New DEMO Project), Bucks and Montgomery County
c. TIP Action PA05-77: Philly CarShare (MPMS #68075), Various Counties
d. TIP Action PA05-73c: Upper Darby Earmark (Proposed New DEMO Project), Delaware County
6. Annual Self-Certification of the Regional Transportation Planning Process
Federal regulations require that the Metropolitan Planning Organization self-certify that the Regional Transportation Planning Process is carried out in conformance with applicable federal regulations. Staff will present its recommendation for Board adoption.
7. Adoption of the DVRPC FY 2007-2010 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for New Jersey and Pennsylvania
The public comment period for the Draft FY2007 TIP for New Jersey and Pennsylvania will end on June 4, 2006. Staff will present their recommended changes for Board adoption.
8. Recommendation for Adoption of Conformity Determination of the FY 2007 - 2010 TIP for New Jersey and Pennsylvania and the Destination 2030 Long
The public comment period for the Draft Conformity Determination of the FY2007 - 2010 TIP for New Jersey and Pennsylvania and the Destination 2030 Long Range Plan will end June 4, 2006. Staff will present their recommended changes for Board adoption.
9. Approval of 2005-2006 Pennsylvania Transportation Enhancements/Home Town Streets/Safe Routes to School (TE/HTS/SRS) Projects for Inclusion in the DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program
The Pennsylvania State Transportation Commission (STC) has reviewed the recommendations of the PA TE/HTS/SRS subcommittee and made their project selections. The RTC is requested to recommend Board approval of the selected TE/HTS/SRS projects and to include these projects on the current or appropriate future TIP for Pennsylvania.
10. FY 2006 Job Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) Grant Program
The Pennsylvania JARC subcommittee has reviewed the nine Letters of Intent for the FY 2006/2007 grant funding round that were received in January. The RTC is requested to recommend to the Board the approval of the selected Pennsylvania JARC services.
11. Election of FY 2007 Officers
The PCC/RTC nominating committee will present a slate of candidates for FY 2007.
12. Can I Walk or Bike to the Train? Nonmotorized Access to Rail Stations
As Phase III of DVRPC''s ongoing ''Increasing Intermodal Access to Transit'' project, this study assessed pedestrian and bicycle accessibility for six regional rail stations using pedestrian and bicycle level of service (PLOS/BLOS) models and field assessments of station access. Based on this analysis, recommendations for specific low capital improvements for each station area were identified. Sample results for one station (Beverly/Edgewater Park RiverLINE station) will be presented as a case study.
13. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
14. Old Business and New Business
15. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is July 11, 2006.
1. Highlights of the May 2006 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Citizens Committee Activity
3. TIP Actions, June 2006
4. Draft Self-Certification Resolution
5. 2006 TE/HTS/SRS Materials
6. JARC Materials