Regional Safety Task Force
9:30am - noon
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Update from the Emergency Response Community
3. Legislative Update
4. Emphasis Area Focus – ENSURING PEDESTRIAN SAFETY
Ensuring pedestrian safety involves improving the design and availability of pedestrian facilities on and near roadways, as well as increasing awareness of the risks and responsibilities both drivers and pedestrians must consider during their interactions. This agenda item will include an overview from DVRPC, two presentations, and then a discussion on a range of doable action items for this emphasis area. The presenters are:
- Larry Shaeffer, Former board member and volunteer, Philadelphia South of South Neighborhood Association (SOSNA)
Elizabeth Thompson, Principal Planner, Multimodal and Safety Planning, New Jersey Transportation Planning Authority (NJTPA) and Pam Fischer, Coordinator, Pedestrian Safety Campaign, Multimodal and Safety Planning, NJTPA
5. Developing Action Items
The RSTF will refine strategies from the Plan and discuss action items to ensure pedestrian safety to track in the Measurements and Status Table.
6. Draft Review of 2014 Safety Action Plan (SAP)
DVRPC staff will provide an update on the draft 2014 SAP and discuss next steps in finalizing the publication of the document.
7. Update on RSTF Objectives and Measures
This agenda item will briefly highlight the minor revisions made to the goals and measures table from the March RSTF meeting.
8. Follow-up from Pennsylvania Safety Symposium
DVRPC staff will provide an update from the Pennsylvania Safety Symposium held in Harrisburg, PA on June 10th.
9. Member Updates and Open Forum