Regional Safety Task Force
9:30 am - noon
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Update from the Enforcement Community
3. Legislative Update
4. Emphasis Area Focus – IMPROVE THE DESIGN AND OPERATION OF INTERSECTIONS
Improving the design and operation of intersections means reducing crashes at both signalized and unsignalized intersections. In locations with pedestrians and bicyclists, it is important to also address their need to cross intersections. In 2011, 29% of the crashes that resulted in fatalities in the Delaware Valley occurred at intersections. This agenda item will include an overview from DVRPC, two presentations, and then discussion on a range of doable action items for this emphasis area. The presenters are:
- Charlie Territo, Vice President of Communications, American Traffic Solutions
- George Fallat, P.E., Traffic Engineer, Mercer County Department of Transportation and Infrastructure – Engineering Division
5. Developing Action Items
The RSTF will refine strategies from the Plan and discuss action items to minimize road departure crashes to track in the Measurements and Status Table.
6. Follow-up from December 2012 Meeting
This agenda item will include approval of last meeting highlights, quarterly crash trends and action volunteer updates.
7. Member Updates and Open Forum
Technical Discussion on Intersection Safety Improvements (Optional)
Attendees are welcome to stay over lunch to share and discuss various intersection improvement measures with guest presenters and other professionals.