Regional Safety Task Force
9:30 am - noon
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Update from the Enforcement Community
3. Legislative Update
4. Emphasis Area Focus – KEEP VEHICLES ON THE ROADWAY AND MINIMIZE THE CONSEQUENCES OF LEAVING THE ROADWAY
Keeping vehicles on the roadway helps reduce crashes in which vehicles hit fixed objects or overturn. Roadway departure crashes are often deadly. In 2011, 39% of the crashes that resulted in fatalities involved one or more vehicles leaving the roadway. This agenda item will include an overview from DVRPC, two presentations, and then discussion on a range of doable action items for this emphasis area. The presenters are:
- Kevin Conover PE, PTOE, Project Engineer, NJDOT Bureau of Transportation Data and Safety: Safety Engineering and Analysis Section
- Larry Bucci, Traffic Safety Engineer, PennDOT – District 6
5. Developing Action Items
The RSTF will refine strategies from the Plan and discuss action items to minimize road departure crashes to track in the Measurements and Status Table.
6. Follow-up to October 2012 Meeting
This agenda item will include approval of last meeting highlights, status of measures, action volunteer updates, and quarterly crash trends.
7. Draft Outreach Material on Why it is Important to Not Undermine Tickets
At the last meeting the RSTF discussed how excessive waiving or plea bargaining of tickets undermines traffic safety. An action was to draft a brochure and other material for further discussion at this meeting.
8. Member Updates and Open Forum