Regional Safety Task Force
10:00am - noon
Cherry Hill Township Municipal Complex
820 Mercer Street
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. March 2012 Meeting Recap
This agenda item will include approval of last meeting highlights, status of measures, action volunteer updates, progress on member recommendations, and quarterly crash trends.
3. Update from the Enforcement Community
4. Legislative Update
5. DVRPC Follow-up on Road Safety Audit (RSA) and Congestion and Crash Site Analysis Program (CCSAP)
DVRPC staff will present findings from a recent survey conducted to understand the effectiveness of RSAs and CCSAPs and to help improve the programs.
6. Emphasis Area Focus – REDUCE IMPAIRED AND DISTRACTED DRIVING: [THE JUDICIAL PERSPECTIVE] KEEPING TICKETS MEANINGFUL
Troy Love, Manager of Impaired Driver Program, PennDOT will discuss PennDOT’s Impaired Driver Program, including information about distracted driving, outreach to judges and prosecutors, and to reduce plea bargaining.
7. Tracking Strategies
The RSTF will refine strategies from the Plan and discuss action items to reduce impaired and distracted driving to track in the Measurements and Status Table.
8. Endorsement of the 2012 Transportation Safety Action Plan
The RSTF will discuss and vote on endorsing the Plan. The next step will be to present it for the DVRPC Board to adopt.
9. Member Updates and Open Forum
Optional – Tour and Demonstration of Impaired Driver Simulated Program
While wearing fatal vision goggles, attendees with have an opportunity to operate a low speed vehicle through a designated driving course established by officers from the Cherry Hill Police Traffic Safety Unit. This allows a driver to experience simulated impaired driving and texting while driving conditions and how it affects their decision making, depth perception, and reaction time.