Regional Safety Task Force
9:30 am - noon
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. November 2011 Meeting Recap
This agenda item will include approval of last meeting highlights, status of measures, action volunteer updates, progress on member recommendations, and quarterly crash trends.
3. Update from the Enforcement Community
4. Legislative Update
5. DVRPC Pedestrian Safety Analysis
Regina Moore, DVRPC, will present findings from a regional pedestrian crash analysis.
6. Emphasis Area Focus – ENSURING PEDESTRIAN SAFETY
Walking is our most basic form of transportation. It is important to ensure the safety of pedestrians. This agenda item will include an overview, two presentations, and then discussion on a range of doable action items for this emphasis area. The presenters will be:
- Caroline Trueman, Safety Engineer, FHWA – New Jersey
- Charles Carmalt, Pedestrian and Bicycle Coordinator, City of Philadelphia – Mayor’s Office of Transportation and Utilities
- Debby Schaaf, Senior Transportation Planner, City of Philadelphia Planning Commission
7. Tracking Strategies
The RSTF will select action items to track in the Measurements and Status Table for ensuring pedestrian safety.
8. Moving Forward with the Development of the 2011 Safety Action Plan
RSTF advice is needed on a few matters as work on the draft update progresses.
9. Upcoming RSTF Events
- 36th Annual TransAction Conference, April 11th – 13th, 2012
- RSTF session is on Friday, April 13th, 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM – PLEASE COME!
- Pedestrian RSA Workshop – May 1st, 2012
- Next RSTF will be off-site in Cherry Hill, NJ – June 19th, 2012
- Emphasis Area Focus: Reduce Impaired and Distracted Driving
- Tour and Demonstration of the Low Speed Vehicle Program
10. Member Updates and Open Forum