Regional Safety Task Force
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Approval of August, 2011 Meeting Highlights
3. Update from the Enforcement Community
This agenda item provides an opportunity for information exchange from members of the enforcement community.
4. Legislative Update
Representatives from AAA Mid-Atlantic will provide a brief summary of the status of important transportation safety legislation.
5. Emphasis Area Focus – INCREASING SEAT BELT USAGE
Increasing seat belt usage is highly effective for preventing fatalities and reducing severe injuries in crashes. There will be an overview, two presentations, and then discussion of a range of doable action items. The presenters will be:
- Pennsylvania legislator (Working out the details)
- Teresa Thomas, Program Manager, South Jersey Traffic Safety Alliance, will share results from a recent seat belt survey conducted of drivers in the South Jersey Transportation Planning Organization (SJTPO) region
6. Mission, Goal, Objectives, Measurements, and First Set of Actions
The Mission, Goal, Objectives, and Measurements document was revised based on comments at the last meeting and distributed in advance. Zoe Neaderland, DVRPC, will review it for discussion and vote. The RSTF will select a first set of action items to track in the Measurements and Status Table.
7. Member Updates and Open Forum
Task Force members will report on recent safety activities since the last meeting. These updates include:
- Put the Brakes on Fatalities Day, Oct. 10th – Ray Reeve, NJDHTS
- 7th Annual Safety Forum , Oct. 18th – Carissa Sestito, Rutgers Univ. TSRC
- Ideas for Local Road Safety Newsletter – Zoe Neaderland, DVRPC
- All others are invited to provide updates and news