Information Resources Exchange Group
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order and Introductions
2. Visualizing PennDOT’s Planning and Programming Data, Patrick Kielty, Transportation Planning Specialist II, PennDOT
In the past year, PennDOT has researched and adopted new technologies to better apply transparency to data available at the department. ArcGIS Online and MPMS-IQ are two applications that are available to state agencies, planning partners, local governments, and the public that will become valuable tools in the planning process.
3. The GIS Professional: An Exam-Based Certification for the GIS Workforce, Jeremy Mennis, Ph.D., GISP, Professor, Department of Geography and Urban Studies, Temple University
This presentation will focus on recent initiatives in accreditation, licensure, and certification for the GIS industry, including the current development of an industry-wide exam for the GIS Professional (GISP) certification offered by the GIS Certification Institute (GISCI). If you are an educator, student, employee, and/or employer in the world of GIS, this affects you!
4. Permanent Bicycle and Pedestrian Counters, Shawn Megill Legendre, Office of Energy and Climate Change Initiatives, DVRPC
In order to obtain continuous data on trail use in Greater Philadelphia, DVRPC has installed permanent automated bicycle and pedestrian counting stations on Circuit trails. The automated counting equipment for these stations, acquired with a grant from the William Penn Foundation, will provide continuous data on bicycle and pedestrian use and will allow DVRPC to develop seasonal adjustment factors that can be used to predict annual cyclist and pedestrian traffic based on week-long counts.
5. Member Roundtable
Attendees are encouraged to share recent accomplishments and to discuss any ongoing projects that you or your agency is working on that is related to information gathering and sharing.
6. DVRPC Work Program Update
7. New Business
- Recent Event Reports;
Attendees are encouraged to provide a brief summary of any recent meeting or conference they attended.
- Upcoming Events;
Attendees are encouraged to announce any upcoming meeting or conference.
- Next Year's Meeting Dates;
March 10, June 10, September 9, December 9.