Information Resources Exchange Group
1 pm to 3 pm
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Minutes of the meeting of February 24, 1998
2. Introductions dsdsf
- Meet the New Regional Director of the Census Bureau Fernando Armstrong
Mr Armstrong will provide a brief update on several Census 2000 initiatives.
- Donna Gregory, Sales Consultant, State and Local Government, Oracle Corporation
Oracle the Company and Oracle's Vision into the Future
Oracle 8 Database and options including a demonstrations of Oracle's ConText and Video Server, Discoverer 3.0. Oracle 8 meets the demands of high-transaction on-line transaction processing (OLTP) systems, query processing in large-scale data warehouses, and manageability requirements of businesses that are distributing data throughout their corporate enterprise and the Internet.
Oracle's ConText Demonstration
The Oracle ConText option is a text management solution that enables organizations to manage text information resources as quickly and easily as structured data. It combines the power and scalability of the Oracle data server and its SQL-based tools with advanced text retrieval technology to help users find exactly the information they need.
Oracle's Video Server Demonstration
The Oracle Video Server is an end-to-end video solution used in a wide variety of markets and can be used for managing any data -- relational, spatial, text, image, video, and audio -- in any application, at any scale.
Oracle Discoverer 3.0 Demonstration
Oracle Discoverer 3.0 is part of Oracle's suite of Decision Support Systems tools. This tool is an intuitive ad hoc query, reporting, exploration and web publishing tool that enables business users at all levels of the organization to gain immediate access to information from relational data warehouses, data marts or online transaction processing systems.
4. IREG Expansion
- Proposal to expand the scope of future IREG meetings to include more Internet and MIS technology presentations and discussions.
- New member leads. Suggestions for recruiting Regional Web Masters and IT Managers to IREG's membership.
5. Aerial Imagery Update
- NJ DEP 1995-91 Digital Ortho Quarter Quads
- DVRPC Year 2000 Imagery Acquisition Project - Meeting of June 30, 1998.
6. DVRPC Work Program Updates
- Year 2000 Statistical Areas Program
- 1997 Building Permit Data
- DVRPC 1995 Land Use Project
- ArcView Training and Beyond
- Regional Information Network (RIN)
- DVRPC Year 2020 Interim Forecast Revisions
7. Information Items
8. Old Business
9. New Business
10. Next Meeting Date, Location and Speaker
September 16, 10:00am 1998 at DVRPC
David Kersge, Chief Economist, Dun and Bradstreet Corporation
Regional Forecasting with Dun & Bradstreet Information
- Minutes of the Meeting of February 24, 1998.
- DB#57: Employment 1970 to 1995 By Type and Sector, By County (March, 1998).
- Federal Register notice on Procedures for Reconciling and Appealing Address List Information for the Census 2000 (3/27/98).
- Census 2000 Updates (2/24/98, 3/20/98, 3/27/98, 5/22/98).
- New T-21 Summary.
- IREG Address List.
- September IREG Meeting Announcement.