Delaware Valley Goods Movement Task Force
Coffee will be available at 9:30 A.M. and lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order
Task Force members and friends will be welcomed and recognized. Highlights from the previous freight advisory committee meeting on July 12, 2017 will be offered for approval.
2. MPO Freight Advisory Committees: Catalysts of Vision, Accord, and Success
On the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the Delaware Valley Goods Movement Task Force, invited speakers on two panels will highlight the significant achievements and current activities of their own MPO freight advisory committees and freight planning programs. A discussion about future research priorities will follow.
Panel 1: Federal and Local Case Studies
David Heller, South Jersey Transportation Planning Organization (moderator)
- Jocelyn Jones, Federal Highway Administration
- Michael Ruane, Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission
- Daniel Blevins, Wilmington Area Planning Council
Panel 2: Nearby MPO Case Studies
Jon Schermann, Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (moderator)
- Anne Strauss-Wieder, North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority
- Gerry Bogacz, New York Metropolitan Transportation Council
- Christian Bauer, Capital District Transportation Committee
Future Research Program (as tied to 2045 Long Range Plan Principles)
Ted Dahlburg, Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission
3. Two-minute Reports
Task Force and Subcommittee chairs and Task Force members and friends are invited to offer updates on the activities of their companies and agencies.
4. Old or New Business/Adjournment
Old or new items of business will be considered. Proposed 2018 meeting dates of the Goods Movement Task Force are: January 12, April 11, July 11, and October 10.