The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
PRESENTATION - PennDOT Connects, with Secretary Leslie Richards
PennDOT and partner planning agencies are working to make transportation planning a more collaborative process that supports community goals. The PennDOT Connects initiative reaches into community and transportation planning processes to initiate early dialogue and partnered decision-making about the kinds of transportation projects that will help a community achieve its vision.
1. Minutes of Meeting of January 26, 2017
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- PA17-21: US 322, US 1 to Featherbed Lane (Section 101), (MPMS #69816), Delaware County
- PA17-22: Chestnut Street Bridges, Ramps, (8) at 30th Street, (MPMS #17816), City of Philadelphia
- PA17-23: Elverson Main Street Restoration (PA 23), (MPMS #107680), Chester County
- PA17-24: US 1 (Township Line Road) Corridor Safety Improvements, (MPMS #107735), Delaware County
- PA17-25: I-76 Bridge Repair Section SRE, (MPMS #107698), City of Philadelphia
3. Fiscal Year 2017 Planning Work Program Amendments
This project will enable DVRPC to continue to provide PennDOT with travel modeling and traffic forecasting services along the I-95 Corridor from Vine Street to Cottman Avenue on an as-needed basis. Tasks may include traffic counts and other data collection activities, as well as modeling proposed interchange configurations and travel demand during construction detours.
This project will enable DVRPC to provide PennDOT with new traffic data and forecasts that are needed to support a VISSIM model of the I-95/I-476 interchange, provide updated traffic forecasts in the I-95/US 322 interchange area, and support other planning activities in the I-95 corridor from the Delaware State line to the Girard Point Bridge.
In support of the FAST Act and the National Highway Freight Program (NHFP), PennDOT has requested that DVRPC identify Critical Urban Freight Corridors for potential addition to the new National Highway Freight Network (NHFN). Staff will present the candidate corridors being recommended for approval by the Board.
This technical edit will remove a portion of Mortonville Road from Chester County’s Federal Aid Highway System. This segment, in East Fallowfield Township, is closed to traffic.
This technical edit will remove a portion of PA 113 from the NHS. This portion of PA 113 in Upper Providence Township was recently changed from a Principal Arterial to a Minor Arterial, and should have been removed from the NHS at that time to be consistent with statewide policy and Federal guidance.
The NJ SRTS subcommittee used the agreed upon selection criteria to guide the selection process for the agreed upon set of projects. They selected projects using approximately $1.5 M in available SRTS funds. We are seeking a recommendation to add these projects to the FY 2017 New Jersey STIP.
Staff will present a summary of the service, station, and right-of-way improvements for the DVRPC region that are included in the NEC FUTURE Tier 1 preferred alternative, along with notes on anticipated next steps.
9. DVRPC Non-Profit Subsidiary
As requested at the January 20, 2017 DVRPC Board Policy Analysis Committee meeting, staff has conducted additional research regarding the opportunities, implications, examples and a proposed structure for one or more non-profit subsidiaries at DVRPC.
10. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
11. 2015 Land Use
Land use information and analysis is a fundamental tool in the planning process. DVRPC’s 2015 land use file is based on digital orthophotography created from aerial surveillance completed in the spring of 2015. Staff will present the initial results of the first of two DVRPC 2015 land use products, which categorizes the region's land uses into 31 separate categories identical to those used in each five-year increment since 2000.
12. Executive Director's Report
- Provisions if Board meeting cannot be held
- Continuity of Operations Plan
- Transit Service Planning Course
- CEO Council for Growth
- NARC Policy Conference
- New Releases
13. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Healthy Communities Task Force
- Regional Aviation Committee
- Draft Minutes of Meeting of January 26, 2017
- Commissioner’s Summary Sheet (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 3a, 3b, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8).