The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
NOTE: Visitors may view details and leave comments on any Action Item below by clicking on the hyperlinked title.
1. Minutes of Meeting of September 30, 2015
2. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Action
- PA15-62: I-76, Regional Travel Information, (MPMS #80093), Various Counties
3. Fiscal Year 2016 Planning Work Program Amendment
- I-95 Central and South Philadelphia Traffic Forecasts
PennDOT is beginning to prepare long range reconstruction plans for I-95 “Sector B” between Spring Garden Street and Broad Street. Several configurations for the Broad Street, I-76, and Penn’s Landing area interchanges are under consideration. DVRPC will prepare daily and peak hour traffic forecasts for each alternative for a design year of 2040 or 2045.
Staff will present the list of projects recommended to be funded through the 2015 DVRPC Competitive Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Program (CMAQ) for New Jersey. CMAQ funding has been set aside by the current New Jersey Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and staff is recommending that five projects be funded for a total of $2.27 million. These projects must contribute to the attainment of the Clean Air Act standards by reducing emissions from mobile sources and were selected through an open solicitation process.
The CMP is a systematic approach to analyze and manage congestion in the region while helping to more strongly link the Plan and the TIP. DVRPC is required to maintain and adopt an updated CMP. This fourth CMP has been prepared with the involvement of the CMP Advisory Committee and is now proposed for Board adoption. Updates include incorporating congestion measures anticipated to be proposed as part of MAP-21 and enhanced interactive web mapping.
On July 30th, 2015, the New Jersey Department of Transportation announced a new safety initiative called Systemic Pilot Program for Roundabouts. The pilot program provides New Jersey counties a special opportunity to implement a modern roundabout on a local roadway using federal Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) funds for design and construction. The modern roundabout is an FHWA proven safety countermeasure for intersections.
7. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
8. Changes are coming to the Pennsylvania Turnpike and I-95
Beginning in January 2016 the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission will introduce cashless tolling for motorists crossing the Delaware River Bridge westbound from New Jersey. These tolling changes are necessary as the Pennsylvania Turnpike prepares to build a highway speed connection with I-95 and complete the “missing link” to make I-95 continuous from Maine to Florida. As the PA Turnpike turns 75, the new tolling point at the Delaware River Bridge will improve safety, reduce vehicle emissions and will help to power national mobility and commerce.
9. Greater Philadelphia’s Life Science and Health Care Cluster
Greater Philadelphia has long been known as a leader in the life science cluster, a broad categorization of industries that include health care, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices, and related support services. Staff will present the findings of a recent data snapshot that assesses the relative importance of life sciences to the regional economy.
10. Executive Director's Report
- New Releases
- Board meeting dates for 2016
- FY17 Work Program development
- PA Planning Partners
- Mid-Atlantic Roundtable
- Manayunk Bridge Ribbon Cutting
- Delaware Valley Smart Growth Alliance event
- Healthy Communities Task Force
- DVRPC 50th Anniversary Celebration
11. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Regional Safety Task Force
- Regional Community and Economic Development Forum
- Delaware Valley Goods Movement Task Force
- Draft Minutes of Meeting of September 30, 2015
- Commissioner’s Summary Sheet (Action Items 2, 3a, 4, 5, 6)