The DVRPC Board Agenda
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of June 24, 1999
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Amendment
- Amendment 9829 - Soybean-Based Biodiesel Fuel Demonstration (NewJersey Transit)
- Amendment 9911 - Pottstown Urban Transit (PUT) - Transit Mall and Park(Montgomery County)
- Amendment 9914 - Adjustment Package (PennDOT)
- Amendment 9915B - 1999 Transportation Enhancements (TE) Program(PennDOT)
- Modification 9916 - Aerial Photography - Year 2000 (DVRPC)
3. Adoption of the DVRPC FY 2000-2002 Regional Transportation ImprovementProgram for New Jersey
The public comment period for the DVRPC FY 2000-2002 Regional TransportationImprovement Program (TIP) for New Jersey has concluded. The comments andrecommendations will be presented to the Board for consideration. In addition, theair quality conformity finding associated with the FY 2000-2002 TIP will bepresented.
4. Proposed Amendment to the Year 2020 Transportation Plan: Delaware RiverPort Authority (DRPA) Aerial Tram from Camden Waterfront to PennsLanding, Philadelphia
The Aerial Tram and its accompanying sound-and-light show are part of DRPA'sefforts to create a dynamic two-sided waterfront that attracts millions of visitorsannually. Combined with the proposed Penn's Landing Family EntertainmentCenter with attractions on Camden's Waterfront, the projects will create local jobsand business opportunities.
5. Fiscal Year 2000 DVRPC Planning Work Program Amendment: New JerseySupportive Regional Highway Planning Projects
Approval is being requested to add two projects to the Supportive RegionalHighway Planning Program portion of the FY 2000 Planning Work Program asfollows: (1) the Delaware River/Assunpink Creek Walkway (City of Trenton), and(2) the Route 38 Corridor study (Camden and Burlington Counties).
6. FY 2000 DVRPC Regional Airport Improvement Program (AIP)Recommendations for the Delaware Valley Region
The Federal Aviation Administration requests, from DVRPC, regionalrecommendations for federal and state grant projects. The program beingpresented includes projects consistent with the Year 2020 Regional AirportSystem Plan goals.
7. Proposed Amendment to the Tri-County Water Quality Management Plan
Springfield Rest Area (I-295), Burlington County.
8. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
Dennis Winters, Chairman of the RCC, will report to the Board the activities of the RCC's meeting of July 13, 1999.
9. Chairman's Report
Board Committee Appointments for FY 1999
10. The New Regionalism: Applying Community Building Principles Across theDelaware Valley
DVRPC staff will present a report that provides design guidelines and strategiesfor development and redevelopment in conformity with the Year 2020 Plan.
11. Executive Director's Report
12. Committee Reports
- Planning Coordinating Committee/Regional Transportation Committee - John B. Claffey
- Regional Citizens Committee - Dennis Winters
- Goods Movement Task Force - John J. Coscia
- Tri-County Water Quality Management Board - M. Ontko
- Minutes of meeting of June 24, 1999
- Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7)
- PCC/RTC Recommendations for July 22, 1999
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
|THURSDAY, JULY 22, 1999|
Immediately following Board Meeting
111 South Independence Mall East
Philadelphia, PA 19106-2515
(Please use 4th Street Elevators)
CALL TO ORDER
1. Minutes of Meeting of June 24, 1999
2. Contract Authorization: Roosevelt Boulevard Corridor TransportationInvestment Study
3. Participation in the Pennsylvania Department of General ServicesCooperative Purchasing Program
The Department of General services is requiring all "local public procurement units"to submit new resolution forms reflecting the establishment of Act 57 of 1998.
4. Work Program Progress Report - Fourth Quarter Fiscal Year 1999
- Minutes of Meeting of June 24, 1999
- Commissioners Summary Sheets (Action Items 2 and 3)