The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of April 27, 2000
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Amendments
- Amendment 9941 - FY 2000 Transportation Enhancements (TE) Program
- Amendment 9942 - DRPA RiverLink Ferry System
3. DVRPC Competitive CMAQ Program Project Selection and TIP Action (9943)
Board action is being requested to approve twenty-eight projects which have been selected to receive CMAQ funding under the competitive program.
4. DVRPC FY 2001 Planning Work Program (PWP) Amendments
- Share the Road Safety Campaign - Phase I
To implement the education objectives of the Southeastern Pennsylvania Bicycle and Pedestrian Mobility Plan, the Southeastern Pennsylvania Bicycleissues Task Force has come to recognize the need for a regional, coordinated public education campaign; Share the Road Campaign. This program will be designed to increase the comfort, safety, and convenience of the bicycle mode of travel.
- Year 2 of the Clean Air Council's Telecommuting - The Green Commute Program (Phase II)
This is the second year of a three year project conducted by the Clean Air Council to promote Telecommuting as a viable alternative to commuting to the traditional work place.
5. Year 2020 Corridor Study: Pennsylvania Corridor - Phoenixville Area
To refine the long range transportation plan, the annual work program includes projects to analyze highly congested corridors and areas. The Phoenixville Area currently is experiencing congested arterials, and with continued growth and new development, matters will continue to deteriorate.
6. Nominating Committee Report: Fiscal Year 2001 DVRPC Board Officers
The Nominating Committee will report their recommended slate of officers to serve on the DVRPC Board for Fiscal Year 2000 (July 1, 2000 - June 30, 2001). Elections will take place a the regular June meeting at which time nominations may also be made from the floor.
7. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
Sue McNamara, Chairman of the RCC, will report to the Board the activities of the RCC's meeting of May 16, 2000.
8. Mobility and the Costs of Congestion in New Jersey
A representative from the New Jersey Alliance for Action will present the findings of a study performed to measure quantifiable and qualitative impacts of congestion in New Jersey on mobility, the cost of transportation, and economic productivity.
9. Southern New Jersey Light Rail Transit System (SNJLRTS) Village Design Study
DVRPC is assisting Burlington County and four municipalities - Florence Township, Burlington City, Delanco and Riverside - with ways to foster Transit Oriented Development (TOD) in anticipation of the opening of the SNJLRTS in 2003. TOD is important to these communities in that it is expected to spur muchneeded economic development, and it is important to the success of the rail line in that it can increase ridership.
10. Executive Director's Report
- Ozone Action Partnership Board Meeting, April 25, 2000
- New Jersey Regional Intergovernmental Transportation Study Commission (RITCSC) Meeting, May 2, 2000
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection/DVRPC Signing Ceremony, May 8, 2000
- Incident Management Conference, May 12, 2000
- New Jersey MPO Meeting, May 23, 2000
11. Committee Reports
- Planning Coordinating Committee/Regional Transportation Committee - John B. Claffey
- Regional Housing Committee - B. Seymour
- Minutes of meeting of April 27, 2000
- Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b,3, 4a, 4b, and 5)
- PCC/RTC Recommendations for May 25, 2000
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
|THURSDAY, MAY 25, 2000|
Immediately following Board Meeting
CALL TO ORDER
1. Minutes of Meeting of April 27, 2000
2. Contract Authorization: Schuylkill Valley Metro Corridor Station Area Planning and Zoning Study
DVRPC has solicited proposals for a focused effort to implement Transit Oriented Development (TOD) principles around five proposed station areas along the proposed Schuylkill Valley Metro corridor.
3. Nominating Committee Report for Fiscal Year 2000 DVRPC Executive Officers
The Nominating Committee will report their recommended slate of officers to serve on the DVRPC Executive Committee for FY 2001 (July 1, 2000 - June 30, 2001). Elections will take place at the regular June meeting at which time nominations may also be made from the floor.
- Minutes of Meeting of April 27, 2000
- Commissioners Summary Sheet, Action Item 2