The DVRPC Board Agenda
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of May 27, 2004
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
a. TIP Action PA03-57: Capital Assistance for FTA Section 5310 Program, Transportation Services for Senior Citizens and People with Disabilities, Various Counties in Pennsylvania
b. TIP Action NJ04-18: Paulsboro Brownfields Access, Gloucester County
3. DVRPC Annual Self-Certification of the Regional Transportation Planning Process
Federal regulations require that the Metropolitan Planning Organization self-certify that the Regional Transportation Planning Process is carried out in conformance with applicable federal regulations. Staff will present its recommendation for Board adoption.
4. Amendments to the DVRPC Year 2025 Land Use and Transportation Plan
a. Chester City Access Improvements, Delaware County
PENNDOT is advancing various projects to provide better connectivity between I-95, US-322, PA-291, and US-13 for the waterfront development in Chester City.
b. US 422 from US 202 to Limerick Widening, Chester and Montgomery Counties
US 202 will be widened to six lanes between US 202 and Limerick, a distance of approximately 13.7 miles.
c. Pennsylvania Turnpike from Downingtown to Mid-County Widening
The Pennsylvania Turnpike will be widened to six lanes between the Downingtown and the Mid-County interchanges, a distance of approximately 21 miles.
d. I-95 at Scutters Falls Bridge Widening
The Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission is currently developing a series of alternatives for this project, including possibly widening the mainline of I-95 to the north and south of the bridge. To reflect the refined scope, the limits in the Plan project description need to be defined as between PA 332 in Pennsylvania and Bear Tavern Road in New Jersey.
5. Adoption of the DVRPC FY 2005 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)for New Jersey and Pennsylvania
Federal law requires the development of a Transportation Improvement Program for the metropolitan region for projects to become eligible for federal transportation funds. A 30-day public comment period ended on June 3, 2004 for the Draft DVRPC FY 2005 TIP for New Jersey and Pennsylvania and the TIP is now ready for Board adoption.
6. Approval of Transportation Enhancement (TE) Projects for Inclusion in the DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program for Pennsylvania
Board approval is being requested for the recommended PENNDOT TE projects and amendment of the current DVRPC FY 2003 TIP for Pennsylvania to include the TE projects, the selected Transit TE projects, and to modify the funding for projects receiving supplemental TE funding.
7. DVRPC FY 2005 Work Program Amendments
a. Deptford Regional Retail Center Traffic Analysis, Gloucester County
This analysis will involve the design and distribution of an origin-destination survey and traffic analysis to determine travel characteristics at and around the Regional Retail Center in the Deptford Mall area of Gloucester County.
b. Strategies for Older Suburbs, William Penn Foundation
This project's proposed activities will collectively serve to increase collaboration among groups of older suburban communities, between selected older suburbs and the adjoining cities of Philadelphia and Camden, and as a regional voice and political force to advocate for further changes and action at the state level.
8. Authorization to Open a 30-Day Public Comment Period for the Draft Areawide Job Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) Transportation Plan Update - Improving Access to Opportunities in the Delaware Valley Region
Board authorization is being requested for a 30-day public comment period for the Draft Areawide Job Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) Transportation Plan.
9. Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority (PENNVEST) Funding Requests in Bucks and Montgomery Counties
Applications from the Bristol Township Authority, Bucks County, and the Redevelopment Authority of Montgomery County, Montgomery County, have been forwarded to DVRPC for Board review of consistency with the Horizons 2025 Plan.
10. Election of DVRPC Officers for Fiscal Year 2005
The Nominating Committee will report their recommended slate of officers to serve on the DVRPC Board for Fiscal Year 2005 (July 1, 2004 through June 30, 2005). Elections will take place and at this time nominations may also be made from the floor.
11. Election of New Jersey Pennsylvania County Representatives to Serve on the Executive Committee for FY 2005
a. Results of New Jersey Caucus
b. Results of Pennsylvania Caucus
12. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
Warren Strumpfler, RCC representative, will report to the Board the activities of the RCC's Meeting of June 15, 2004.
13. Executive Director's Report
a. Destination 2030: The Future of Transit - A Forum on New Transit and Transit-Oriented Development held on June 16, 2004
b. Status of New Office Space: DVRPC Executive Committee briefing held on June 18, 2004
14. Committee Reports
a. Planning Coordinating Committee/Regional Transportation Committee - Donald Shanis
b. Information Resource Exchange Group - Barry Seymour
c. Regional Aviation Committee - Roger Moog
15. One Minute Reports
Board Members and alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
(1) Minutes of meeting of May 27, 2004
(2) Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 3, 4a, 4b, 4c, 4d, 5, 6, 7a, 7b, 8, and 9)
(3) PCC/RTC Recommendations for June 24, 2004
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
JUNE 24, 2004
Immediately following Board Meeting
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION ITEMS *
1. Minutes of Meeting of May 27, 2004
2. Contract Authorizations
a. Regional Integrated Multimodal Information Sharing (RIMIS) Systems Manager
b. Strategies for Older Suburbs Project, William Penn Foundation
c. Graphics and Renderings Design Services
3. Election of DVRPC Executive Committee Officers for Fiscal Year 2005
The Nominating Committee will report their recommended slate of officers to serve on the DVRPC Executive Committee for Fiscal Year 2005 (July 1, 2004 through June 30, 2005). Elections will take place and at this time nominations may also be made from the floor.
(1) Minutes of Meeting of May 27, 2004
* Voting Members:
NJ Dept. Of Community Affairs: Joyce Paul
NJ Dept. Of Transportation: Brent Barnes
NJ Governor's Appointee: Paul T. Fader
NJ Counties: Thomas J. Gurick
City of Camden: Arijit De
PA Governor's Policy Office: Joanne Denworth
PA Dept. of Transportation: Larry M. King
PA Governor's Appointee: Richard W. Hayden, Esq.
PA Counties: Charles H. Martin
City of Philadelphia: Gary Jastrzab