The DVRPC Board Agenda
* Please park at the National Constitution Parking Garage
(other area parking facilities are attached and parking is also still available at the Bourse Garage for Board Members and Alternates)
A list of attendees will be given to the Security Guard in the Main Lobby. Upon arrival, please check in with the Guard for a visitor badge then proceed to the 9th floor Board Room.
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of June 23, 2005
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- TIP Action NJ05-16: Burlington Light Rail Link Shuttle, Burlington County ($700,000)
- TIP Action NJ05-17: Employment Shuttle - Pennsauken Industrial Park, Various Counties ($66,000)
- TIP Action PA05-34: Philadelphia Unemployment Project Vanpool, Various Counties ($800,000)
- TIP Action PA05-36a: I-95, Girard Point Bridge to Girard Avenue Modified Resurfacing, Philadelphia ($6 million)
- TIP Action PA05-36b: I-95, Delaware State Line to Bullens Lane Modified Resurfacing, Delaware ($8.5 million)
- TIP Action PA05-37a: Crozierville Road Bridge / New Road over West Branch of Chester Creek, Delaware County ($330,000)
- TIP Action PA05-37b: North Narberth Avenue Bridge over Amtrak / SEPTA, Montgomery County ($600,000)
- TIP Action PA05-37c: PA 352, North Middletown Road at Penn State University, Delaware County ($1.875 million)
- TIP Action PA05-37d: Stanbridge Street Bridge, Montgomery County ($275,000)
- TIP Action PA05-37e: US 202, Section 700 Wetland Mitigation, Bucks County ($7.5 million)
3. DVRPC Fiscal Year 2006 Planning Work Program Amendments
- Beverly and Edgewater Park Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) Study,Burlington County
This study will be done to identify opportunities and constraints for TOD surrounding the Beverly / Edgewater Park rail station in Beverly City and Edgewater Park Township, New Jersey, along New Jersey Transit's River Line.
- Fort Washington Area Flooding and Transportation Improvement Study, Montgomery County
This study will analyze problems and develop solutions to the flooding and transportation problems in the Fort Washington Office Park area in Upper Dublin, Montgomery County.
- US 202, Section 700 Traffic Study, Montgomery County
This study will examine improving access to and efficiency of the region's transportation network by analyzing alternative highway improvements between PA 309 (Bethlehem Pike) and PA 463 (Horsham Road) in Montgomery County.
4. PENNDOT Planning Partner's Meeting, July 21, 2005
The activities from PENNDOT's Planning Partner's Meeting of July 21, 2005 will be reported.
5. DVRPC FY 2007 Planning Work Program Development
Staff will review the process for the DVRPC Planning Work Program Development which begins in September.
6. Board Committee Appointments for FY 2006
The Board Chair will announce the FY 2006 Board Committee Appointments.
7. TransitChek Executive Summary
Staff will report on the TransitChek Analysis and Survey which was conducted to access the strengths and weaknesses of the TransitCheck Program.
8. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
The activities of the RCC meeting of July 19, 2005 will be reported to the Board.
9. Executive Director's Report
- DVRPC Board Retreat, December 2, 2005
- Central New Jersey Forum, June 26, 2005
- Pennsylvania State Transportation Commission Public Hearings at DVRPC, August 18, 2005
- National Association of Regional Councils / DVRPC Freight Conference, September 7, 8, and 9, 2005
- DVRPC's Workshops for Transportation Enhancements, Home Town Streets and Safe Route to School Programs, August 3, 8, 10, 15, and 17
10. Committee Reports
- Planning Coordinating Committee/Regional Transportation Committee - Donald Shanis
- Intelligent Transportation System - Donald Shanis
- Goods Movement Task Force - John J. Coscia
Higher Density Suburban Development
DVRPC has recently completed a study that examines relative development densities throughout the region, considers the perception and reality of increased density, and provides design guidelines and policy recommendations to encourage and support higher-density residential development in suburban communities.
12. One Minute Reports
Board Members and alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
- Minutes of meeting of June 23, 2005
- Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 2f, 2g, 2h, 2i, 2j, 3a, 3b, and 3c)
- PCC/RTC Recommendations for July 28, 2005
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
Thursday, July 28, 2005
Immediately following Board Meeting
CALL TO ORDER
1. Minutes of Meeting of July 28, 2005
2. Contract Authorizations
- Egg Harbor Road (CR 630) from Hurfville-Grenlock Road to Hurfville-Cross Keys Road (CR 564) in Washington Township, Gloucester County
- Neck Road Jughandles and Intersection with Route 130 in Burlington Township, Burlington County
- Lafayette Street Land Use Access Study, Montgomery County
3. DVRPC Planning Work Program Report - Fourth Quarter Fiscal Year 2005
* Voting Members:
NJ Dept. Of Community Affairs: Joyce Paul
NJ Dept. Of Transportation: Brent Barnes
NJ Governor's Appointee: Verice Mason
NJ Counties: Thomas J. Gurick
City of Camden: Arijit De
PA Governor's Policy Office: Joanne Denworth
PA Dept. of Transportation: Larry M. King
PA Governor's Appointee: Richard W. Hayden, Esq.
PA Counties: Charles H. Martin
City of Philadelphia: Gary Jastrzab