The DVRPC Board
Lunch will be served following the meeting
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER B CHAIR''S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of January 24, 2008
2. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
a. PA07-78: Commodore Barry Bridge Security Improvements Project (MPMS #74840), DRPA/PATCO - Proposed New DEMO Project
b. PA07-79: Center City Transit Signage Program (MPMS # To be determined), SEPTA - Proposed New Project
c. PA07-80: SEPTA Safety and Security Improvements Project (MPMS #65612), SEPTA
3. Delaware River Port Authority (DRPA) / Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC) Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on Transportation Planning Procedures
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between DRPA and DVRPC is being advanced to cooperatively define their mutual responsibilities in carrying out the metropolitan transportation planning process.
4. Adoption of the Conformity Finding Reaffirmation of the DVRPC FY 2007 Pennsylvania and FY 2008 New Jersey Transportation Improvement Programs (TIPs) and the Destination 2030 Long Range Plan (LRP)
The Wilmington Area Planning Council (WILMAPCO) is currently in the process of adopting the FY 2009-12 TIP for their region and DVRPC must reaffirm its conformity findings to support their findings for their new TIP. Staff will present the results of the latest conformity determination and request Board adoption of the Conformity Reaffirmation.
5. Adoption of the FY 2008 Congestion Management Process, Supplemental Projects Status Memorandum
The Congestion Management Process (CMP) is required to track implementation of supplemental projects to ensure that they enhance the benefits of the capacity additions and extend the useful life of a project. The Board will be requested to adopt the Projects Status Memorandum which has found that each transportation improvement program project has appropriate supplemental strategies and that these strategies have either been completed or are proceeding in a satisfactory manner.
6. FY 2009 Pennsylvania Transportation Management Association (TMA) Assistance Grant Program and Mobility Alternatives Program (MAP) Work Programs
Staff will present details of the final Work Programs for the following:
a. Transportation Management Association Assistance Grant Program
b. Mobilities Alternatives Program
7. Approval of FY 2009 Job Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) and New Freedoms Funding Recommendations
DVRPC facilitates the Federal JARC and New Freedoms grants under the Coordinated Human Service Transportation Planning Program (CHSTP). The Pennsylvania CHSTP has completed their FY 2009 recommendations for service funding, and is requesting Board approval.
8. Proposed Amendments to the Tri-County Water Quality Management Plan
a. Gloucester County Utility Authority Wastewater Management Plan
b. Village of Columbus Sewage Treatment Plant, Amendment to Mansfield Township Wastewater Management Plan, Burlington County
9. Select Greater Philadelphia
Select Greater Philadelphia (Select) is a regional, economic development- marketing organization dedicated to building the economy of the Greater Philadelphia region. Select specializes in streamlining corporate expansions and business locations in an 11-county, 3-state region. Thomas G. Morr, President and CEO of Select Greater Philadelphia, will present an overview of Select and its activities.
10. Regional Citizens Committee RCC) Report
The activities of the RCC Meeting of February 19, 2008 will be reported to the Board.
11. Executive Director''s Report
a. New Jersey Transportation Funding and Capital Program
b. Central Jersey Forum
c. Congressional Staff Briefing
d. Philadelphia Sustainability Awards
e. Lancaster County Transportation Summit
f. Toronto Site Visit
g. DVRPC Annual Dinner
h. JARC Press Event
12. Committee Reports
a. Planning Coordinating Committee/ Regional Transportation Committee - Donald S. Shanis
b. Land Use and Housing Committee - Mary Bell
c. Information Resources Exchange Group (IREG) - Joseph Fazekas
13. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
(1) Minutes of meeting of January 24, 2008
(2) Commissioner Summary sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 3, 4, 5, 6a, 6b, 7, 8a, and 8b)
(3) PCC/RTC Recommendations for February 28, 2008