RESEARCH ANALYST I/II (RA I/II) JOB RECRUITMENT #21-10
SALARY RANGE: Low to Mid $50,000s (Salary Commensurate with Education & Experience)
LOCATION: Community Planning
CLOSING DATE: When position is filled
AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: All sources
The Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC) is the Philadelphia region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization. We believe DVRPC is a place to work, learn, and create a career in a professional and stimulating environment that values diversity, innovation, and bringing your best self to work. If your background and experience match the following vacancy, we would like to hear from you.
This position involves data entry and analysis and field work, related to traffic data collection and assisting the Traffic Counting Technicians. The employee will be responsible for processing data collected by field technicians. This will include the screening of data for quality and completeness and preparing data for entry in the Traffic Count database and transmittal to other departments and agencies. The employee will be expected to work independently within the data workflow from field technician to finished product. The employee will be expected to assist with performing field work, either by themselves or within a larger team. Supervision is provided by the Manager, Office of Travel Monitoring who assigns tasks, gives instruction, sets goals, reviews work and progress, and oversees quality of work completed.
- Participates in transportation studies, surveys, and programs. This includes but is not limited to taking HPMS annual system samples; performing manual counts; and conducting transportation system user surveys throughout the Greater Philadelphia region.
- Performs data entry quality control of collected data. Also responsible for processing data to be sent to outside vendors for further analysis/processing.
- Responds to requests for data and assists in the collection of transportation data.
- Coordinates the diagnosis and repair, when necessary, of malfunctioning equipment. Research new technology and practices in data analysis.
- Follows established state and federal guidelines for working safely on roadways.
- Performs other duties as assigned and as necessary in support of office staff.
- Knowledge of applicable computer principles and applications, graphics programs, programming, word processing, statistical analysis, and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge and training in general data processing practices, procedures, and data entry functions. Ability to perform and control data process workflow.
- Ability to analyze and arrange technical data into clear and concise tables for transportation planning and engineering reports.
- Ability to participate in field work of traffic studies and surveys. Comfortable engaging with people to complete surveys about their transportation habits and their demographics.
- Ability to work supervised or unsupervised in office and field conditions.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle in a responsible manner.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with safe driving record.
Experience & Training
To be classified as an RA I, a minimum of one year of data related work experience is required. To be classified as an RA II, a minimum of three years of progressively responsible data related work experience is required. Such experience may have been gained from graduation from a four-year college/university or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
To learn more about our work culture and benefits, visit our website: www.dvrpc.org/HumanResources/. DVRPC IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. FULL CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO ALL ELIGIBLE, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO AGE, ANCESTRY, COLOR, DISABILITY, DOMESTIC OR SEXUAL VIOLENCE VICTIM STATUS, ETHNICITY, FAMILIAL STATUS, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, GENETIC INFORMATION, MARITAL STATUS, MEDICAL CONDITION (INCLUDING PREGNANCY), NATIONAL ORIGIN, RACE, RELIGION, SEX, OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION. MINORITY, DISABLED, AND VETERANS CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. NOTE: MUST HAVE PERMANENT RESIDENCY STATUS AND WORKING PAPERS.
TO APPLY, SEND RESUME / CV WITH COVER LETTER TO HUMAN RESOURCES VIA: EMAIL: RESUMES@DVRPC.ORG; OR FAX: 215-592-9125; OR MAIL: 190 N. INDEPENDENCE MALL WEST / 8TH FLOOR / PH