This position offers a participant a valuable and exciting opportunity to gain real-world experience in procurement and contracts within the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (“the Commission”). The selected intern will have the ability to learn, grow and collaborate with various project teams, consultants, vendors and senior management. The selected intern will experience challenging work assignments, gain insights in various improvements initiatives and build a network in their chosen career field. Guidance and training will be provided by the Manager of the Office of Procurement and Contracts and the Senior Procurement and Contracts Specialist. Undergraduate, graduate and/or law school students with a finance, business administration, economics, supply chain management, or a related field of study are encouraged to apply.
- Assist with day-to-day procurement functions in the development of Request for Proposals (RFP) and Request for Qualifications (RFQ).
- Coordinate and communicate with project teams and external stakeholders during the initial review, negotiation and finalization of competitive solicitations.
- Gather and report key contract information including maintaining data controls and perform analytical review of Disadvantaged Business Enterprise and insurance information.
- Assist with updating and organizing contract tracking files for various types of contracts and grants.
- Conduct market research and obtain quotes for purchase of goods and services.
- Assist with contract and procurement audit process, quality improvement initiatives and help develop contracting and RFP process improvements and trainings.
- When needed, serve as a back-up in processing requisitions, facilitating orders, and reviewing credit card purchases.
- Assist with administration and special initiatives, as assigned.
- Knowledge of general business principles or procurement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and accurately.
- Experience with the software included in the Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite is preferred, particularly word processing, spreadsheets and database programs.
This position requires a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week with the potential of working a maximum of 37.5 hours per week. Schedule is flexible and will be determined with consideration of an intern’s class schedule.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Students with work-study funding are encouraged to apply. Students may also complete the internship for academic credit subject to the qualifications of their academic program.
Forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DVRPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Full consideration will be given to all eligible, qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, domestic or sexual violence victim status, ethnicity, familial status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (including pregnancy), national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation; or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Minority, female, and disabled applicants are encouraged to apply