DVRPC is looking for a summer intern to help provide assistance in managing traffic congestion in the region. It includes transportation planning work with the Regional Congestion Management Process (including cutting edge analysis of archived operations and traffic event data). It will involve independent work on discrete projects as well as providing assistance with broader efforts.
- Contribute to the update of the Congestion Management Process (CMP) plan and PM3 federal performance measures.
- Participate in data collection and analysis of traffic congestion information throughout the region to identify and prioritize congested locations, and contribute to recommendations for mitigating congestion.
- Capture and analyze traffic events on the roadways throughout the region that contribute to nonrecurring congestion (e.g. crashes, disabled vehicles).
- Assist with research in best Congestion Management practices.
- Assist in preparing maps, tables, charts and other visual displays of CMP information; and research, data collection, and product preparation.
- Participate or assist in stakeholder and committee meetings as needed.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and ArcGIS software
- Computer programming and web mapping experience a plus
- Ability to assimilate complex technical information and present it clearly
- Ability to establish effective relations with associates and with representatives of public and private organizations
- Knowledge of and interest in transportation and land use planning principles and issues
This position requires a commitment of up to 30 hours per week.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Students with Work-Study funding are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education and Training
Must have completed at least THREE YEARS of a college/university program or be enrolled in a master's program (preferred), or an equivalent combination of experience and training, plus substantial experience, interest, or involvement in transportation engineering and planning.
Forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
DVRPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Full consideration will be given to all eligible, qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, domestic or sexual violence victim status, ethnicity, familial status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (including pregnancy), national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation; or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Minority, female, and disabled applicants are encouraged to apply.