Assist DVRPC’s Office of Communications and Engagement. The Office is engaged in a wide variety of activities across the Commission, broadly grouped into four overlapping categories: Communications, Engagement, Equity, and Special Initiatives. The intern will assist in developing and editing communications materials, implementing public relations tactics, and providing outreach to organizations in the Philadelphia region. Close supervision is provided by the Communications Manager and Communications Coordinator.
- Assist with several key projects including the Annual Report, monthly e-newsletter, DVRPC website, press releases, email blasts, and project-specific efforts including the 2050 Long-Range Plan.
- Assist with various public relations functions including media databases, news clippings, and photo research.
- Research organizations and community groups in the region to target for future outreach, and update current database.
- Research best practices of public involvement, outreach, and general metropolitan planning organization (MPO) activities.
- Help plan and maintain DVRPC’s social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Perform related work as required.
- Knowledge of and experience with communications, public relations, and public outreach principles.
- Knowledge of community and economic development, transportation and environmental planning, and equity issues.
- Excellent writing and communications skills, especially with social media and other digital channels.
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task.
- Excellent writing skills and initiative are essential.
- Proficiency in Google Suite is required.
- Basic knowledge of Philadelphia regional issues and geography.
This position requires a commitment of up to 37.5 hours per week.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Students with Work-Study funding are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education and Training
Must have completed at least THREE YEARS of a college/university program or be enrolled in a master's, or an equivalent combination of experience and training, plus substantial experience, interest, or involvement in planning.
Forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
DVRPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Full consideration will be given to all eligible, qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, domestic or sexual violence victim status, ethnicity, familial status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (including pregnancy), national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation; or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Minority, female, and disabled applicants are encouraged to apply.