The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of June 22, 2000
2. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Modifications and Amendment
- Modification 0005 - Various Projects (NJDOT)
- Modification 9946 - Bicycle Network Phase II (City of Philadelphia)
- Amendment 9947 - Towamencin ITS Initiative (Montgomery County)
- Modification 9948 - PA 23 Relocation, Montgomery County (PennDOT)
3. Adoption of the DVRPC FY 2001-2003 Regional Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for Southern New Jersey and FY 2001-2004 TIP for Southeastern Pennsylvania and the TIP / Plan Conformity Determination
The public comment period for the DVRPC FY 2001-2003 Regional Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for Southern New Jersey and the FY 2001-2004 TIP for Southeastern Pennsylvania has concluded. The comments and recommendations will be presented to the Board for consideration. In addition, the air quality conformity finding associated with the TIP's will be presented.
4. Annual Self-Certification of the Regional Transportation Planning Process
Annually, DVRPC is required to self certify that the transportation planning process is in conformance with federal regulations implementing TEA-21, the Clean Air Act and other pertinent federal legislation.
5. Proposed Amendment to the DIRECTION 2020 Comprehensive Land Use and Transportation Plan: Schuylkill Valley Metro
The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) Board has reached a decision on the locally preferred alternative to provide transit service between Philadelphia, Pottstown, and Reading. In order for a plan amendment to be approved it is necessary to first conduct a public hearing. Board action is being requested for DVRPC to hold a public hearing for this project.
6. Adoption of an ITS Coordinating Council Committee
Board approval is being requested for the Regional ITS Coordinating Council to become a DVRPC Board committee.
7. Proposed DVRPC FY 2001 Work Program Amendments
- Regional Integrated Multi-modal Information Sharing (PRIMIS). This project implements a PRIMIS concept to provide a framework for institutional coordination of ITS in the Delaware Valley. It will also provide the region's ITS stakeholders opportunities to share and disseminate information on travel conditions and coordinate the regional deployment of ITS systems in the region.
- Traffic Studies for Lafayette Avenue Extension in Norristown and PA Route 23 Relocation in Upper Merion, Montgomery County. These projects will improve efficiency of the region's transportation system by analyzing the traffic impacts in the Norristown and Upper Merion, Montgomery County area.
8. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
Sue McNamara, Chairman of the RCC, will report to the Board the activities of the RCC's meeting of July 18, 2000.
9. New Proposed Federal Rules on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Metropolitan Transportation Planning, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and Environmental Justice
Spencer Stevens, Federal Highway Administration, will present an overview of the Proposed Federal Rules.
10. Chairman's Report
Board Committee Appointments for FY 2001.
11. Executive Director's Report
New Jersey Regional Intergovernmental Transportation Study Commission (RITCSC) Meeting, June 27, 2000.
12. Committee Reports
- Planning Coordinating Committee/ Regional Transportation Committee - John B. Claffey
- Board Policy Analysis Committee - Barry Seymour
- Goods Movement Task Force - John J. Coscia
- Minutes of meeting of June 22, 2000
- Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7a, and 7b)
- PCC/RTC Recommendations for July 27, 2000
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
|THURSDAY, JULY 27, 2000|
Immediately following Board Meeting
CALL TO ORDER
1. Minutes of Meeting of June 22, 2000, 2000
2. Contract Authorizations
- PA Route 41 Land Use/Management Alternatives Analysis, Chester County
- Transit Oriented Development Program: Regional Communications/Marketing Program for Southeastern Pennsylvania
- Region-Wide Transportation GIS System: Development of a Project Design and File Architecture
3. Amendment of DVRPC Lease with the Bourse Building
4. Work Program Progress Report - Fourth Quarter Fiscal Year 2000
- Minutes of Meeting of June 22, 2000
- Commissioners Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, and 3)